PDA

View Full Version : Whose shine are you getting? The wax or QD?

imported_Yosemite Dan
07-16-2004, 12:58 AM
Every wax(or sealant) has it`s own shine characteristics as well as QD`s be it reflectiveness, richness, depth, wetness warmth etc. If you put on a fresh layer of wax than a week or 2 later you wash your car and finish with a QD, which shine are you gonna get? Does the QD just bring out your wax shine again or does it add it`s own type of shine?

Case in point. I`ll be throwing on a layer of P21s over my Klasse. Say I put on EO WAUD as a QD(or Showtime or Quikshine, doesn`t matter for this argument). Will the P21s effect still be there or is my car`s appearance only as good as my QD?

I`ve noticed my SG won`t pop after a wash unless I use some Sonus so I`m thinking the QD is the most important weapon in your detailing arsenal and you`re helpless without it. :bow

SilverBelle04
07-16-2004, 04:22 AM
That`s a good question. I just got some Piinnacle Paste Glaz and was wondering what i should do about QD ? Up to now, i`d been using Mother`s Showtime which worked well over #26.

Bob

beanbag
07-16-2004, 04:47 AM
When I use EO WWS on my white car (UPP+S100), it looks much better than right after a wash. It gives the car a "hard, ceramic" look. I think part of the shine comes from chemicals in the QD, but also from the surface smoothing characterics of rubbing with a slippery, slightly wax dissolving substance.

eShine
07-16-2004, 04:48 AM
I use the Poorboys Spray and Wipe as a detailer. It simply cleans without adding or removing anything. It basically makes the products you pick look their best.

Chris Pace

WAX2MUCH
07-16-2004, 09:34 AM
IMHO, it depends on the paint color and what wax or sealant has been applied....and what QD is used.

On red I think QS darkens it alittle, whereas Pinnacle Mist on a carnauba finish freshens up the original glow.

I use WAUD as part of my normal wash/dry and it helps add some slickness and shine to any color.

I do think some QDs do add something to the look.