PDA

View Full Version : interior cleaners

101impala
07-15-2004, 08:23 PM
What is the best, most readily available interior cleaner? Not dressing,cleaning.

TIA:nixweiss

imported_BretFraz
07-15-2004, 08:33 PM
Let`s start with what needs to be cleaned. Leather? Cloth seats? Vinyl dash or door panels? Headliner?

What do you need the cleaner to do? Light or heavy cleaning? Scuff marks? Stains? Ink? Coffee?

Help us help you.

101impala
07-15-2004, 08:36 PM
dash, door panels, especially the dash. It`s not my car but the dash ond interior looks to be very neglected.

Thanks

101impala
07-15-2004, 08:38 PM
cloth seats and dirty carpets also

travisdecpn
07-15-2004, 08:47 PM
Possibly simple green diluted like 4 or 6:1 for the dash and door panels and then a Woolite and water solution for the cloth seats and carpets. Both of these cleaners are readily available almost everywhere.

AutoNova
07-15-2004, 08:54 PM
http://www.detailingdirect.com/91133.html

My favorite for ease of use and cleaning ability.

Stoner`s Trim Cleaner

dmatre
07-16-2004, 05:11 AM
I know that mail order isn`t `readily available`, but the Griot`s Garage Interior Cleaner is absolutely top-notch. We ended up using it around the house too! Definitely works better than Woolite or Resolve for cleaning upholstry/carpets, and it`s great for mild cleaning of leather seats/steering wheels & dashes/door panels.

thinksnow
07-16-2004, 07:01 AM
Woolite/water--1:6 dilution.

Use on everything "soft" with folded terrycloth (100% cotton) towels or terry applicators. Re-treat plastic and vinyl surfaces with a protectant of desired gloss.

Generally, 303 does a great job and offers great protection (boating supply stores locally).

Armor All (the old skool) does a surprisingly good job. Requires a secondary wipe-down after given time to dry a bit.

stilez
07-16-2004, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by thinksnow

Woolite/water--1:6 dilution.

Use on everything "soft" with folded terrycloth (100% cotton) towels or terry applicators. Re-treat plastic and vinyl surfaces with a protectant of desired gloss.

Generally, 303 does a great job and offers great protection (boating supply stores locally).

Armor All (the old skool) does a surprisingly good job. Requires a secondary wipe-down after given time to dry a bit.

Same stuff I use...Just I use a Wal-Mart MF to clean initially and a foam applicator to apply 303 or AA.

101impala
07-16-2004, 08:14 PM
Thanks everybody!!!!!

audipower
07-18-2004, 01:54 AM
303 is the best protectant. I use oxyclean for cleaning my carpets and mats. I do it every month besides winter and I don`t have one stain. Orange does well also. You can get that any where I go by the directions on the back of the oxy bucket. Put it in a bucket. Dump it on the mats out of the car (on the concrete) wait a couple minutes. Take a $.99 brush and stroke down and wash on the dirt come off! Then rinse. Oxi and Orange work the best because there organic cleaners. Mud, dirt and food are organic matter. It breaks it down. I`ve done it for years.