PDA

View Full Version : Clouded Paint from Car Bra

smwage
07-15-2004, 02:42 PM
I am new to this forum and have enjoyed reading the posts, especially those that deal with caring for black cars. Which brings me to my question.

I recently took a long trip and wanted to protect the front of my car (2002 black 911) from rock chips so I purchased and installed a bra prior to the trip. The weather was not the greatest and I drove through a couple of days of rain. I knew ahead of time to not leave a wet bra on the car so when I returned home (2 days later) I removed the bra to dry it out. To my horror and dismay, the paint on the hood under the bra had already clouded. That was a couple of weeks ago, and the cloudiness has mostly faded, but I can still detect the lines when the light is right.

Will the cloudiness continue to fade away? Anything I can do to reduce the cloudiness? Help!!

04BlackAV
07-15-2004, 02:58 PM
Yeah those bra`s can really do a job.It rains and washes the dirt on the hood under the bra and guess what happens,especially driving when the bra is wet.I would think a mild polish should do the trick and remove the haze there.Then follow with your wax or sealant.

If your looking to try something you can pick up locally then try some Scratch X or if you have a NAPA around try some Meguiars #80 Speed Glaze to remove the hazing.