PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Hint #221

Jesstzn
07-15-2004, 02:19 PM
2 weeks ago I washed the 04 Caddy that is one of my regulars. This time of the year is bad here for river moths and the stick like glue even if you wash them off the same day.

I had noticed when I used WG on the nose of mine the bugs washed off really easy up to a few days after.

Knowing the caddy would be driven along the river a bit after the wash I added a layer of WG to the nose of the car and to the Drivers side mirror back.

The bugs came off noticably easier on the WG layered areas v/s the Pass side mirror and the leading edge of the hood and roof.

This by no means indicates the WG protection level .. just means it stays slick a while.

This slickness may diminish with washings .. the caddy wasn`t washed since I applied it.

WG might be a good *bug layer* for road trips.

Scottwax
07-15-2004, 11:08 PM
Hmmm. Interesting. I may go over my car with Wolfgang before I take my son back to Kentucky. I have noticed the same thing with EX w/carnauba as well though.

stilez
07-16-2004, 07:32 AM
Good observation.

I too have noticed that WG`s slickness is amazing when applied and dimishes rapidly after that, but for a road trip or something would be a good idea.

Thanks for the heads up.

RobD
07-16-2004, 09:20 AM
Scottwax,

What are your opinions on EX vs. EX-P. It`s for a garaged black car. TIA

stilez
07-16-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by RobD

Scottwax,

What are your opinions on EX vs. EX-P. It`s for a garaged black car. TIA

I`ll give you my quick opinion.

EX has carnuaba in it. It gives a deeper glow and is preferred more on dark cars.

EX-P is more clear and wet looking...Excellent on light colors and metallics, but I used it on a black metallic with outstanding results.

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/DSC01971.jpg

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/DSC01979.jpg

RobD
07-16-2004, 12:03 PM
GSRstilez,

(The XK8 looks great.) That`s what I figured. Which one retains the greatest percentage of its initial look after a wash or two? I would think EX-P would. Also, I just ordered a gallon of Quikshine, will it work well with EX and EX-P? TIA

stilez
07-16-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by RobD

GSRstilez,

(The XK8 looks great.) That`s what I figured. Which one retains the greatest percentage of its initial look after a wash or two? I would think EX-P would. Also, I just ordered a gallon of Quikshine, will it work well with EX and EX-P? TIA

Thanks...I think EX-P would be longer lasting due to it`s pure sealant form (not mixed with carnauba). QS is a great QD and I`m sure it will work with either. It`s whether you want deep and wet (EX) or clear and wet (EX-P)...Choices Choices :D

Scottwax
07-17-2004, 12:32 AM
My observations are the same as Seans. I`d go with EX w/carnauba on solid reds, blacks and other dark colors and EX-P on everything else.

I will say the durablity of EX w/carnauba has exceeded my expectations. I am getting a minumum of 5 months beading and reasonable slickness on customer`s cars and for that reason, I use it on cars I don`t see often.