PDA

View Full Version : Shines - but it`s not flat

imported_Stitch
07-15-2004, 12:49 PM
I have a brand new Nissan Titan truck - Radient Silver (. Took delivery with the shipping plastic still on. This was my first detailing job using a PC.

The paint was very good - just a few light/faint scratches

I did as follows

Dawn wash 2X

Blackfire clay

FP II

FMJ X2

Sorry about no pics (yet) but I have a question.

The paint has great gloss and reflectivity but has that kind of rippely "skin texture" to it. It`s not a glass smooth paint job I see in most pics on this forum.

Is this just the way it is or should I do/use something else ????

04BlackAV
07-15-2004, 01:02 PM
Sounds like you have orange peel.I have it on my AV and you`ll find most cars and trucks have it to some degree.The better you polish it the more noticeable it is.You don`t alway`s see it in the pictures here,mostly on the real close ups and reflections.

You can see it here as the house reflection is rippled.

Dinzdale40
07-15-2004, 01:05 PM
yea if you look in several different ways the orange peel won`t show up....but it`s still there on most cars....don`t sweat it

andriver
07-15-2004, 01:06 PM
Just learn to live with "orange peel". Very common on most cars.

Lowejackson
07-15-2004, 01:26 PM
I agree, learn to live with it. You could however spend $$$$ and get it resprayed if you wished $5000 plus should do the job.

imported_Stitch
07-15-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by 04BlackAV

Sounds like you have orange peel.I have it on my AV and you`ll find most cars and trucks have it to some degree.The better you polish it the more noticeable it is.You don`t alway`s see it in the pictures here,mostly on the real close ups and reflections.

You can see it here as the house reflection is rippled.

Yup ! That`s what it looks like!

I`m OK with it and the absence of dealer included swirls really made my 1st detail job on this truck a breeze -except for the 4 acres of sheet metal.

Thanks for the replies !:wavey