PDA

View Full Version : Worst New Car I have ever seen

Buick_guy
07-15-2004, 08:15 AM
Ok, I worked on a `98 Chevy Malibu yesterday, and it has the basic lines of our buick, so I thought, " Hey this should be pretty easy." I had only seen it once before, and that was from about 20 feet away, so of course it had looked farely good.

Well I went over there yesterday to pick it up, and WOW. Here is a picture of it, AFTER I washed it. I washed by hand, couldn`t get that stuff off. Washed with the pressure washer, couldn`t get it off.

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v286/Sexpert/FUNK.jpg

They said they had never washed in it`s life, so I went at it with a whole clay bar, some old scratch remover that I had laying around, and a final polish with SFP. After I AIO`d it, and then I put on 1 coat of SG on.

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v286/Sexpert/Picture_1.jpg

After the job, I went around the car, and dressed the bottom rails with some Tire Shine, and gave the rims a coat of AIO. Surprisingly 6 years of brake dust came off like nothin with a quick shot of Meguiars Hot Rims, and I was deeply surprised.

Well I thought this was a good job done by me, and I was proud.

When the owner came to pick it up, he said, " Man, I don`t think this thing ever looked so clean!" I said "Ya, sorry to say, but it was pretty bad. One thing though, you have some clear coat failure happening in the back of the car."

After never beening washed, it was so bad, I couldn`t bring it back to new, but it`s definatly better now:)

Holly Marie
07-15-2004, 09:25 AM
You`re not a miracle worker! The guy should be thankful you were able to bring it to the stage that you did.

Good job! :up

Maybe he`ll take care of it now......

:cool:

kevmo327
07-15-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Holly Marie

You`re not a miracle worker! The guy should be thankful you were able to bring it to the stage that you did.

Good job! :up

Maybe he`ll take care of it now......

:cool:

Highly unlikely, IMHO, most people that have cars like this will get them detasiled semi annially at best....My partner`s swirled BMW is a prime example of that

Thomas Dekany
07-15-2004, 10:40 PM
Looks good to me! Great job.