PDA

View Full Version : PC Pad Choices?

Scott P
07-14-2004, 10:04 AM
What pads are your favorite when you use the PC? I like the Lake Country Curved Edge pads (CMA Advanced Pad) myself, but I still see some people using the smaller Variable Contact pads too along with those from Edge and Meguiars. What is your choice when buying pads?

04BlackAV
07-14-2004, 10:51 AM
Well I like the Meguiars 6.5 pads.My LC 6.5 pads didn`t hold up at all.And I like the desigh of the new Sonus pad but haven`t had a chance to use it much yet.At this point it looks like the Meguiars but I think I`m going to like the Sonus better.

chris0626
07-17-2004, 04:03 AM
1. Lake Country v. Meguiars: There are a bunch of Megs products that I LOVE and regularly use. But their pads don`t hold up for me.

2. I just recently made the switch from the Lake Country 7.5" Curved Edge Pads to the 6" Variable Contact pads, and I`m much happier with the change. The 6" VC pads seem to let me work the product much longer than the 7.5" ones did, and the 6" also fit into more spaces than the 7.5" ones did.

So I voted for the LC 6" VC pads.

imported_YouGottaBeLeaf
07-17-2004, 08:41 AM
I`ve only used Lake Country`s 6" and 6.5" pads. However, between the two I like the 6" ones better. They just seem to work better to me. The cutting pad seems to cut slightly better and the polishing pad seems to give a bit smoother of a look. Could just be my imagination.

Even though the 6.5" ones are made for the DA, I find that the velcro is a bit smaller in circumference than the 6" pads, which causes the backing plate to cut into the pad if I don`t line it with something (I cut an O-ring out of a Chinet paper plate). The glue is much stronger on the 6.5" pads because it`s made for the DA, but I just used shoo goo on one of my 6" pads when the velcro fell off and it works fine now.

Note: even though I`m choosing the 6" pads for the poll, there is no option for the 6.5" pads which are the ones Lake Country actually makes for use with the DA.