PDA

View Full Version : Tip for Mach1 Owners.....

Pages : [1] 2

hirosh
07-14-2004, 04:09 AM
and others with rims that have some paint on `em. try putting NXT on your rims, especially the painted areas. i tried it on my Mach1 rims, and it really made the metallics in the grey areas really shiney! :p

here`s a close up of what i`m talking about (edit: ugh, i didn`t realize how ugly the inside of the rim was! :o):

http://img77.photobucket.com/albums/v234/rmiyash/Mach1/rim-closeup.jpg

here`s the overall rim (this was before i applied some protectant):

http://img77.photobucket.com/albums/v234/rmiyash/Mach1/rim02.jpg

not bad huh? it be interesting to see how long the NXT will hold up.

oh yeah, i did this because i applied a second application of EX-P over my inital VM/EX-P application. thought i`d share. ;) :p

http://img77.photobucket.com/albums/v234/rmiyash/Mach1/vm-expx2.jpg

eShine
07-14-2004, 04:48 AM
Another tip, Remove those Lead wheel weights and get the wheels statically balanced with stick on weights or they will corrode!

Gonzo
07-14-2004, 05:59 AM
When you wash the insides of the wheels, Klasse them there too. AIO & SG all over

andriver
07-14-2004, 08:25 AM
Nice looking Mach.

rockafella
07-14-2004, 10:22 AM
Yup, it`s a pain keeping the inside of the rims looking good...

hirosh
07-14-2004, 01:14 PM
eShine - thanks for the tip.

Gonzo - hmmmm, AIO & SG.....i might have to give Ranney a call once he gets the Klasse twins in. i assume they last a long time as long as you don`t use a wheel cleaner?

andriver - thanks!

MAC[H]Z - i know, with 13" front disc brakes, it`s hard to get your wash mit inside.

Blk_Mach
07-14-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by MAC[H]Z

Yup, it`s a pain keeping the inside of the rims looking good...

off topic...whats your mileage at these days?

BlackMach1
07-15-2004, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by hirosh

eShine - thanks for the tip.

Gonzo - hmmmm, AIO & SG.....i might have to give Ranney a call once he gets the Klasse twins in. i assume they last a long time as long as you don`t use a wheel cleaner?

andriver - thanks!

MAC[H]Z - i know, with 13" front disc brakes, it`s hard to get your wash mit inside.

I actually went through the trouble of removing each rim and cleaning the inside out. It had about a year`s worth of built up brake dust :eek:

Buick_guy
07-15-2004, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by BlackMach1

I actually went through the trouble of removing each rim and cleaning the inside out. It had about a year`s worth of built up brake dust :eek:

I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago, but the chrome was peeling off the inside, so I didn`t want to post it.:(

KrazyKarim
07-15-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by BlackMach1

Look at the inside of a rim that has been running track pads and been through a few hard track days over the course of a yr. They may stop you well and won`t be destroyed at track temps but holy hell they dust a lot! :eek: Its not even worth trying to cleaning them. :p

Hirosh very nice Mach 1. I love the color. Keep that car looking pretty :xyxthumbs

Karim

HotRodGuy
07-15-2004, 04:05 PM
another tip, even if you have wheels that aren`t painted and have any type of clear coat throw some wax on them. I`ve been waxing wheels for years, makes cleaning easy :)

love the mach 1 too!! sweet ride!

2wheelsx2
07-15-2004, 04:57 PM
#20 has been really good to me. I take the wheels off and do all metal parts with #20 twice a year. Way easier to clean. AIO/SG is a good combo, but more work.

hirosh
07-16-2004, 04:07 AM
thanks for the tips!

KrazyKarim - i don`t even want to think about that. well, at the track, you don`t get points for having clean rims! but i wonder if the slickness of a wax or sealant would help cool the brakes or have some other benefit....:p

MattZ28
07-16-2004, 04:51 AM
I just tried NXT on my silver SS 10-spoke wheels since I can`t sleep...worked great. Last night was VM + EX-P at 4am, today is NXT on the wheels at 5:45am, what`s next?!?? :rofl

hirosh
07-16-2004, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by MattZ28

I just tried NXT on my silver SS 10-spoke wheels since I can`t sleep...worked great. Last night was VM + EX-P at 4am, today is NXT on the wheels at 5:45am, what`s next?!?? :rofl

:shocked that`s crazy! call Autopian Anonymous! :D

but you`ll probably think, hmmmm, i think another coat of EX-P is needed. ;) :D

hope you get some sleep, or have no work/school the next day so you can sleep in!