PDA

View Full Version : question about glaze over wax?

Teh seX
07-13-2004, 09:29 PM
Hi everyone, I`m new to the boards. I was just wondering what I should do. I had already polished my car with DC system polish and waxed it after that with NXT tech wax. I now want to wax it again because I did not do it right the first time. What should I do to get off the first layer of polish and NXT wax or does it even matter?

1 week later, I now want to do it over by washing it first with NXT car wash, Claying the car, glaze and/or polish? (not sure), and then topping it off with a layer or two of NXT tech wax.

Which glaze and/or polish do you guys recommend for a relatively new car (maybe 3 months or less). Also, if I do put two layers of NXT wax can I put the second layer right after I wipe off the first layer?

TIA!:confused:

imported_speedracer
07-14-2004, 08:04 AM
Need to wait 24 hours to let it cure- and remember wax can go on top of sealant but sealant cannot go on top of wax. I am not sure if that was your question or not. But polish and sealants will remove a carnuaba wax when apply over them.

6cyl's_of_fury
07-14-2004, 08:20 AM
wash, clay, polish, glaze then NXT.

Between the claying and polish, whatever was on the paintwork will be gone. The cleaners in NXT are likely to cause problems "layering" but it is advised to apply two "layers" to ensure complete coverage.

As for a polish or glaze? If it is relatively new and swirl free, then something like vanilla moose or Megs #80 should do the trick. Slight swirl removal and glaze all in one, then follow up with your NXT.

Teh seX
07-14-2004, 09:06 PM
Thanks !:up

Teh seX
07-16-2004, 01:22 AM
alright guys so far this is what I got and what I`m going to do:

1) Meg`s NXT car wash

2) Mother`s Showtime detail spray

3) Mothers Clay bar

4) Meg`s DC system Polish

5) Meg`s speed glaze#80? or Meg`s #7 show car glaze?

6) Meg`s NXT Tech Wax

So far I have everything except the glaze .. I have a BLACK car with light swirls in some areas and light scratches. Nothing bad, even though it`s only about 2 months old. Would you guys recommend me also purchasing the glaze to apply after the polish? or just go with wash/lube detail/clay/polish/tech wax x2....

Is mother`s clay bar and showtime detail spray ok to use with Meg`s products?

Also how much time apart should I do each of these steps.

Example:

1) I wash the car for 30 mins..

2) dry in 15 mins.

3) after dry let sit for 5 mins?

4) then apply detail/lube spray

5) clay car

how much longer after im done claying and washing car before I can put polish.. and how long after polish can I glaze? and after glaze how much time before I put NXT tech wax?

BTW I am doing this by hand since I dont have a PC yet. Thank you guys in advance!..you guys here are amazing .:xyxthumbs

audiguy69
07-18-2004, 01:35 PM
Looks like we are in the same boat :D

Nickshades
07-18-2004, 01:55 PM
first of all, regarding your process, I don`t see it necessary to really wait 5 min after drying (unless that`s a rest break.....lol). I do the detailing on a mobile basis as a side job and for the claying I`ve always used water from the hose just to keep it lubricated ( like a mist or shower setting). As far as the polish, glaze, wax process. I would do the whole entire car, then buff it off, then proceed to the next phase. No curing time is allowed on my part really in between steps. You don`t want to use too much product either as it will be more annoying to buff off. I know with the Zaino products there is a cure time involved for their wax becuase i`ve used it. However, with the products you are using, there shouldn`t be any wait involved. If for some reason I`m wrong somebody please correct me. Otherwise good luck with the detail.

Nick

Teh seX
07-18-2004, 02:19 PM
thanks! your info is really appreciated..

good luck to you too `pologuy` tell me how it goes..