PDA

View Full Version : Volvo Rag Top

Beemerboy
10-15-2004, 12:49 PM
I have a Volvo rag top (material) coming up this weekend that was brought at an auction. For whatever reason someone wrote with those nasty pens on the rag top. I think that these are grease type of pens from what I remember. Its been a while but in the right light you can still see the letters. The guy has tried a few things of his own but has had no luck. I have Rag Topp cleaner and conditioner and many other APC cleaners to use. Was wondering if any of you have come across this and what you did.

Was thinking about Woolite on a 10/1 to start with a soft bristle brush?

Thanks

Focusedonsound
10-15-2004, 02:05 PM
Beemerboy,

How big are these area`s of writing? You might want to try something like dawn which has greese lifting abilitys!

Beemerboy
10-15-2004, 02:11 PM
Its on the side of the top between the rear window and the back window is a circle about 10 inches with numbers and letters in the certer. I was thinking about Dawn as well. Start off with mild stuff and go from there!

Focusedonsound
10-15-2004, 02:18 PM
Thinking about it a bit more... you might even want to try something like a clothing spot remover as well...

Beemerboy
10-15-2004, 02:21 PM
Yea I have some of that too, I just want to be carefull as to not discolor the top in anyway.