PDA

View Full Version : some Klasse AIO/SG questions

imported_aharami
07-13-2004, 02:21 PM
So i detailed my car for the first time this weekend (sorry no pics with me..but will post some when i get back home tonight).

Washed, clayed, washed, AIO, buff, SG, buff

the AIO and SG i applied with a PC, but buffed manually cuz i didnt have a buffiing pad for the PC. so here are my questions:

1. How much AIO and SG am I supposed to use? AIO i used a decent amount, but on the SG bottle it said "apply an extremely thin layer". So I put like 4 - 5 drops on a finishing pad and used that for like 2`x2` area. But I dont think I applied enough...which leads to my second question...

2. I want to wash car again this coming weekend (rained all yesterday and today...and car is dirty again). I would like to apply AIO and SG again....but is that safe? I mean can I apply AIO+SG over a coat of SG, or can only SG go on a coat of SG? This time I got the buffing pads for the PC so my buffing should be a lot easier. Also I dont plan on claying again this time....is that ok, or do i HAVE to clay b4 applying AIO and SG? THis time i plan on quick wash, AIO, buff, SG, buff

3. whats the currect method to apply AIO and SG? I mean should I apply them to the entire car first then buff out the entire car or apply AIO to the hood, buff the hood, then move on?

thanks

imported_Teck
07-13-2004, 03:19 PM
For AIO I`ve been using my pc to apply. Start off applying it to 2 areas, buff off the first area by hand, apply with pc too the 3 area, buff off the 2 area by hand, and so on.

As for SG I`ve been using the WOWO method and I`m very happy so far. http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30989&highlight=Bill+North

I think this is the best way to apply SG using a PC seems like too much.

imported_aharami
07-13-2004, 03:43 PM
thanks. will follow that method.

but does anyone know if its safe to put AIO on my car again.....or do i even need to?

imported_Teck
07-13-2004, 03:53 PM
I`m going to guess reapplying AIO will be like starting from scratch and is`nt nessacary unless you want to start over.

Hopefully someone more experienced will back up my guess.

imported_aharami
07-13-2004, 08:46 PM
thanks for your input Teck...and thanks for that link. its going to save me a lot of time!

as he said, anyone else wanna chime in on this subject?

imported_Yosemite Dan
07-13-2004, 09:47 PM
Reapplying AIO and SG so soon after doing it the first time is like washing your dishes, letting them dry and washing them again. You`re really just wasting your time. AIO is mainly a cleaner and SG a sealant which protects what you just cleaned. Using AIO again will simply eliminate all the work you did applying the sealant(SG) by taking it off.

Instead just wash the car again and apply another coat or 2 of SG over consecutive days or weeks to enhance your shine and add a bit more protection. You can also use a QD like Sonus after every wash to maintain the brightness.

The only time AIO should be applied twice is consectively before SG to get any spots you may have missed.

AIO should be applied and buffed panel by panel. SG can be done either way and people have had succes doing both.

You should be fine applying a couple of layers of SG over itself and then start over every 6 months by claying, AIO and then SG all over again. That is, of course, if polishing isn`t necessary for any marring or swirls you have on the car and then it gets really fun.

imported_aharami
07-13-2004, 10:24 PM
thank you!! thats exactly what i needed to know!

ANB
07-15-2004, 03:25 PM
I ordered some AIO and SG a couple of days ago and I can`t wait to get it! However, what are you guys transferring the products to? For example, are you using a spray bottle for the SG and AIO? or another type of dispenser? I want to have everything ready for when it gets here Saturday!

imported_Teck
07-15-2004, 03:29 PM
Poured AIO on a white pad, and used a MF applicator for the SG ( looks like a sponge but wrapped in MF cloth. MF towels used to buff both off.

ANB
07-15-2004, 04:52 PM
Thats my plan of attack, except I will use my pc for the AIO. I need to know what containers to transfer these products to. The Klasse containers seem way to big to be able to use dime size drops. I`d probably end up dropping it or something.

Do you guys use spray bottle or any certain kind?

Thanks! :)

Accumulator
07-15-2004, 04:53 PM
aharami- I sincerely doubt that you used *too little* SG. I use so little that I can`t see it on the paint and that`s plenty.

Yeah, just keep layering on the SG, claying if necessary. Might not even have to redo it as soon as six months; I get a lot longer than that out of mine.

imported_rayvenn
07-15-2004, 05:50 PM
ANB,

I agree the original bottles for AIO and SG are unwieldy.

I have some small plastic bottles, sold by a reloading supply company, so they were intended to hold solvent, oil, etc. Figured they should hold up to car care chemicals, then.

They are about 3 inches tall, probably hold two or three ounces, and have a flip-top cap. I just flip the top open, squeeze three or four drops of AIO or SG onto the applicator, and close the lid ... keeps me from spilling it.

FYI, I used the same bottles to apply 1Z Paint Polish and Menzerna FP II to PC pads, and found it to work very well.

ANB
07-15-2004, 06:42 PM
Hi Rayvenn! Do you know where I could get some similar either online or around town?

Thanks!

imported_rayvenn
07-15-2004, 09:36 PM
Ashley,

I would try local reloading/shooting supply stores.

Alternatively, an online store of the same type is Sinclair International, I`ll try to paste the link for one of their solvent bottles:

http://www.sinclairintl.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=search&item=01-250&type=store

This one is a bit larger than the ones I have, but not unusably so, I think.

Here`s one that looks slightly smaller ...

http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/152757

HTH.

Russ