PDA

View Full Version : Buffing

07-13-2004, 02:16 AM
Hi, if I want to buff some shallow scratches out of my car, what kind of cloth should I use? Can I just use rags I buy from a hardware store or anything? Or what about wash cloths? I don`t really know what I should be using for it.

jimmybuffit
07-13-2004, 03:50 AM
Welcome to Autopia!

Do a search for Micro Fiber...

Then come back, and we`ll talk about polishes.

Jim

shaf
07-13-2004, 08:31 PM
For actually polishing out the defects I think you could use plain foam wax applicators or folded over (good quality) terry towels. For the actual buffing yes, definitely microfiber.

07-14-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by 4DSC

For actually polishing out the defects I think you could use plain foam wax applicators or folded over (good quality) terry towels. For the actual buffing yes, definitely microfiber.

Sorry, I`m new to this whole thing. What`s the difference between polishing out defects and buffing? I have this stuff called Rejuvinator they reccommended at NAPA Autoparts and I plan on putting it on this weekend.

shaf
07-14-2004, 09:24 PM
No problem. You might want to check out some of the articles in the Learn! link at the top of the page, and/or at www.bettercarcare.com

Usually (here anyway) people refer to the process of wiping off the residues after you`re done whatever as "buffing".

Happy reading. :)