PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Souveran.....

Pages : [1] 2

GSteg
07-12-2004, 11:48 PM
i was looking at autogeek`s site and noticed that the souveran paste liquid is only $25, but the paste is $60!

Is the paste that much better than the liquid?

Beason
07-13-2004, 11:53 AM
Paste is one of the best and most durable waxes out there. Very few people use it because of the price. I use the liquid version on most of my darker cars. It is by far one of my favorite waxes. Even over s100 and nxt.

imported_Greg
07-13-2004, 11:56 AM
Souveran is not a durable wax, sorry Beason. Its a true beauty wax. If you are looking for a similar appearance at a fraction of the cost, do a search for S100 or P21S. Souveran is awfully tough to beat on reds and blacks though. I have a jar, but probably wouldn`t buy another one unless money started growing on trees.

JustinR32
07-13-2004, 12:04 PM
There is no comparison between the liquid and paste.

The paste is really something special.

Tom

ALAN81
07-13-2004, 12:50 PM
GREG,and MOSCA hit the nail right on the HEAD maybe that is why it costs that much

GSteg
07-13-2004, 05:00 PM
so the paste shines/gloss/etc/whatever better than the liquid, even though they are the same model (souveran)?

imported_Totoland Mach
07-13-2004, 06:43 PM
I`ve used the liquid, the Souveran paste and their Signature Series paste. I typically reserve the Souveran paste for my Mach 1 which is more show/local cruise and put the other products on the daily drivers.

The Souveran paste is definitely in a class by itself...great shine but not as long lasting.

GSteg
07-13-2004, 06:48 PM
so i take it that the paste has better shine?

imported_Totoland Mach
07-13-2004, 06:55 PM
GSteg: absolutely...especially if you apply it with a finishing pad and a pc. The pc gives a very uniform coat and the results are amazing.

GSteg
07-13-2004, 07:44 PM
totoland, i love those rims. lol

grt1today
07-13-2004, 07:46 PM
Yes they are right. There will always be more carnuba content in a paste form as compared to a liquid form. Even though liquid souveran has bridged a gap for liquid waxes, if you are looking for the wetter, deeper look, stick with a paste form of carnuba wax...

ExplorerXLT95
07-13-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Totoland Mach

GSteg: absolutely...especially if you apply it with a finishing pad and a pc. The pc gives a very uniform coat and the results are amazing.

Um.... Please tell me how you apply Pinnacle Souveran paste wax by PC... I am at a loss...:nixweiss

Never heard/seen/knew about that.

GSteg
07-13-2004, 08:03 PM
you can pop the paste out of the canister. take the paste and just rub it onto the pad.

now the only thing is....whenver i do that with any kind of paste, it seems as if i don`t put enough. when i do put more, seems like i`m using too much.. or sometimes, i put a lot, but i can only have enough for a small area.

imported_Totoland Mach
07-13-2004, 08:32 PM
GSteg is correct about popping the wax out of the container. In fact, after I do this I keep the Pinnacle container upside down from that point on so the wax stays in the lid.

For applying, I just make a couple of passes with the finishing foam, then apply. For Souveran, this seems very adequate in the amount.

Thanks for the compliment on the rims...they "fit" the Mach but are definitely a maintenance item (non-clear coated polished aluminum, even the inner rim)

JustinR32
07-13-2004, 08:44 PM
I like using the paste by hand; it`s so easy, and it`s very relaxing, in an aromatherapy way. I think the only thing the paste and the liquid share is the name.

This isn`t the case with every liquid vs paste comparo. Meguiar`s #26 is essentially the same in final appearance whichever you use, and so is Gold Class, and A12, their maroon bottle Cleaner Wax. I think that`s because those are blended waxes, with resins and polymer content.

My red with Souveran Paste:

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/3620dscf0059-med.jpg