PDA

View Full Version : Rental cars

kevmo327
07-12-2004, 07:48 PM
OK, so the dealer that has my new jacked up truck was kind enough to give me a 2004 POS neon to drive for a week (I am currently tersting it limits) and Sunday AM rolls around and while I am cleanign the garage looking for somehtign to do i get the idea to test combos and products on the neon....so next thing you know I have the thing all tapes off into sections with blue painters tape and am trying combos of everyhtign i have in the garage on the paint....it was fun and thanks to some problem areas i learned alot without the risk of damaging a finish I actually cared about....when i return this thing and they wash it it should be fun as it will have water beading and shrrting diffrent on every panel

Dalight
07-13-2004, 04:51 PM
Did you wash before you polished / waxed? I`m not sure I would`ve. :)

The Saab dealer got rid of their loaner cars. Instead of Saabs, we now get craptacular american econoboxes from enterprise.

imported_edschwab1
07-13-2004, 05:34 PM
I did not go this far with the rental, but wanted too. All I did wash x2 (with Meg`s D-21), scrub the windows, wiped down the interior (to remove the coffee spots) and sprayed with air freshener to remove the coffee smell. of the new Kia

Eric

kevmo327
07-13-2004, 07:42 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BDawg

[B]Did you wash before you polished / waxed? I`m not sure I would`ve. :)

Hell no....skipped step one went straight to wax and polish!

imported_speedracer
07-14-2004, 08:07 AM
Hell no....skipped step one went straight to wax and polish! [/B]

You can tell this was a loaner!!:eek:

Nick Chronis
07-14-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by BDawg

The Saab dealer got rid of their loaner cars. Instead of Saabs, we now get craptacular american econoboxes from enterprise.

My Nissan dealer does the same thing with Enterprise. Had a Dodge Neon for 2 days and tried out a whole bunch of products on it. :)

BillNorth
07-14-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by kevmo327

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BDawg

[B]Did you wash before you polished / waxed? I`m not sure I would`ve. :)

Hell no....skipped step one went straight to wax and polish!

Sorry to rain on your parade, but that`s really disrespectful. Some poor shmo is gonna buy that car after the rental companies` lease expires. Polishing without washing will create swirls. I`m glad you you have no regrets about screwing up the car. Maybe the dealer will f@@@ around with yours while they have it. No big deal, it`s not thier car, it`s just yours.

Bill. :down

kevmo327
07-14-2004, 09:33 AM
Sorry if my sense of humor offends you Bill

SpoiledMan
07-14-2004, 09:33 AM
It`s a rental car, it already had swirls....

BillNorth
07-14-2004, 10:03 AM
It`s not your sense of humour that offends me. If you were only joking, and did in fact wash it, and do treat the car the same way you treat your own, then that`s cool. My apologies.

But if you`re being serious about not giving a F#$%, then yeah, I I think it is disrespectful. Sorry man, JMHO. I always treat rentals like I treat my own car. It just comes down to common courtesy and respect. Just because some jacka$$ abused the car before you doesn`t mean you should. In fact, the guy that abused it before you is a moron. He should know better.

Again, JMHO,

Bill.

kevmo327
07-14-2004, 06:33 PM
Bill, you will be happy to know that I did use you wo/wo method when i used Klasse on the hood and it looks great

Prometheus
07-14-2004, 07:33 PM
Just so you guys know, saab is owned by GM and nissan has some long term agreement/ownership/buyout deal with Ford. So, technically, they are American cars, Saab`s HQ is actually getting moved to Detroit to make it more "efficient" along with the rest of GM`s divisions.

freedre
07-14-2004, 08:49 PM
Everyone is kidding about abusing rental cars - right?

Of course you are. It`s all in good fun.

No one in the Autopia community would be so disrespectful.

I have been known to test the limits of my company car tho, last one I had was a Crown Vic with a monster V8. Man, could that baby fly.

BillNorth
07-14-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by kevmo327

Bill, you will be happy to know that I did use you wo/wo method when i used Klasse on the hood and it looks great

:D :D :D :D :D :D

So long as you washed it first! :D

Dalight
07-15-2004, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by Prometheus

Just so you guys know, saab is owned by GM and nissan has some long term agreement/ownership/buyout deal with Ford. So, technically, they are American cars, Saab`s HQ is actually getting moved to Detroit to make it more "efficient" along with the rest of GM`s divisions.

The main cars are still made in Sweeden though. The 9-7 will be made in America, and I`m sure the 9-2X will be made wherever they make the Imprezia.

My point was that a SAAB is not the same as an american econobox, which IMHO are even far worse than a japanese economy car which is not the same as the SAAB I`m bringing in for service.