PDA

View Full Version : Any filling ability to UPP?

AudiOn19s
10-15-2004, 07:27 AM
I`ve used UPP now on 2 cars, one was 7 days old (Escalade) and had absolutely no paint defects at all, the other was a black BMW that I detailed and spent numerous hours polishing a couple months back so again the paint was real good to begin with.

I`m trying to figure out if UPP has any filling ability at all. With the deeper muted looks compared to other sealants I`m sure that it at least would mask better than say Zaino...but in anyone`s experience does it fill at all on minor swirls? I`m trying to find a sealant other than NXT that I can use when customers want a basic detail but I want the car to look nice (at least short term.)

Andy

CharlesW
10-15-2004, 08:07 AM
IMO, no.

Charles

kimwallace
10-15-2004, 08:26 AM
I don`t thing UPP has filling abilities.
A product that does look nice and is easy to use (you have to prep first) is Meguiars #26 High Tech Wax. The longevity isn`t the greatest but it seems to have some filling characteristics and it gives a nice wet look. If you want filling you can also use a glaze prior to applying it.

groebuck
10-15-2004, 08:35 AM
Poorboy`s Polish With Carnuba should do the trick for you by hand it has more glazing properties - You could do a pass with the PC then follow up by hand.

AudiOn19s
10-15-2004, 08:39 AM
I should have stated that for this type of work I`m currently useing VM followed by S100 or #16. As winter approaches I was just curious if there was any sealant other than NXT that had any filling abilities

groebuck
10-15-2004, 09:16 AM
ahh - well I doubt any LSP would beat what you can do with VM and a PC or rotary ;) - hope that helps.

awd330
10-15-2004, 09:48 AM
As winter approaches I was just curious if there was any sealant other than NXT that had any filling abilities
Poorboy`s regular EX with carnauba has some "hiding" ability. The VM/EX combo is one of my favorites for darker colors.