PDA

View Full Version : Plan of Attack for 92 Yellow Miata - Swirls

MrSpeed
07-12-2004, 12:07 PM
I have a 92 Sunburst Yellow Miata which is a single stage paint. The shade of yellow is along the lines of a deeper yellow like the viper or vette, not pale like the mustang

The surface has been a bit neglected but has the potential to clean up nicely. There is some oxidation, scratches and heavy swirls on the trunk. There are some deep/wide scratches and chips on other panels as well. However the swirls aren`t too bad on the sides and hood.

Here is my plan.

1) Touch up chips and deep scratches with a AutoSharp Pen.

2) Wash

3) Clay Bar

4) Cleaner Polish

5) Mothers Sealer Glaze

6) Meguiars #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax

I`m not sure if for the cleaner/polish I should use DACP, #9 Swirl Remover or Meguiars medium-cut cleaner ? As I said the trunk is pretty bad but the hood and sides aren`t too bad as far as swirls go.

To handle the swirls should I go with somethng a little less abrasive like DACP for the cleaner and then after the glaze use NXT ?

How about applying NXT after the glaze instead of #26 or on top of #26 ? I saw the yellow viper in the NXT thread and it looks sweet.

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32378&highlight=viper+nxt

I plan to maintain with EO WAUD.

Thanks,

Rich

Dalight
07-12-2004, 12:23 PM
If you don`t have a PC, I wouldn`t try DACP by hand.

If you`re planning to work by hand, I`d start with Klasse AIO. It has a good cleaner and it fills swirls nicely.

After the AIO, top with the wax of your choice (I`m partial to EX-P).

MrSpeed
07-12-2004, 01:00 PM
I have a Craftsman 9 in. Random Orbital Buffer.

It should be noted that in general I`m a twice a year NU Finish type guy for our daily drivers.

I would like the Miata to pop a little extra :)