PDA

View Full Version : Got some new Products:)..But also got some questions:P

78_Caprice
07-12-2004, 09:39 AM
Well today I went to Canadian Tire (Crap-U-Tire:D) and I picked up the Meguiars Deep Crystal System (3 step system: Paint cleaner, Polishing, Waxing). I bought the Quick Detail as well because I plan on using the clay bar with the quick detailer and that will be the first thing I do to the car before following the 3 step system.

I was also looking at the NXT wax by Meguiars (wow sooo expensive..$29.99):eek:.

Now my questions are...

I have an Acrylic Enamel Paint job (no clear coat) I have gotten the car "proffesionally":rolleyes: cut, then I recently cut it myself, I don`t want to have anything to do with cutting my paint anymore!.

So with these products will they work fine for me on my type of paint?

Also I really want to try this Meguiars NXT wax. Now would I be able to replace the 3rd step of the 3 step product which is the wax part with the NXT?

I have Meguiars Polymer Sealant, is there any point in using it inbetween any of these steps or no?

Thanks in Advance

Kevin.:wavey

Accumulator
07-12-2004, 10:02 AM
Those products oughta work OK, but you might need something in between the PI-III RC and the 3-Step.

IMO the NXT isn`t gonna do all *that* much more than the Polymer you have now. I`d spend the $30 elsewhere.

You can use most any Meg`s Last Step Product (LSP) as the third step, but anything with cleaners might remove some of the second step.

You maybe oughta look for an autopaint/body supply shop. They have better products.

78_Caprice
07-12-2004, 10:05 AM
So don`t bother with the NXT, just do the the clay bar then the 3 step product and that`s it?

I won`t need the Polymer Sealant then?

Accumulator
07-12-2004, 10:19 AM
I`d probably try the third step LSP that comes with the 3-Step just because a) you just paid for it, and b) you already tried the polymer sealant. That way you can see which you like best. But I bet the polymer is gonna be the better of the two.

99.9% of how things look are determined by what you do before the LSP anyhow. Do the prep right, and it`s gonna look good. Don`t apply the LSP until it looks as good as you want it to.

Work on the waterspots, that`s the real issue here. Get rid of them and by the time you`re done it oughta look good.

78_Caprice
07-12-2004, 10:22 AM
Well the Clay and Paint cleaner should get rid of the spots!

what is the LSP? is that the WAX (the last part of the 3 step product)?

When cna I apply the Polymer Sealant?

Big Leegr
07-12-2004, 10:26 AM
LSP=Last Step Product. In this case the wax. Can also be a sealant.

78_Caprice
07-12-2004, 10:37 AM
Well I just bought the first step of the 3 step product haha. So I won`t even bother with the 3rd step and I will use the Polymer Sealant instead.