PDA

View Full Version : `Hawaiian Punch` on my Mach1

Pages : [1] 2

hirosh
07-12-2004, 03:31 AM
Ranney was super cool :xyxthumbs and dropped off my order of `Hawaiian Punch` (name of the VM/EX-P combo from PakShak) this past Friday.

This was from Friday night, after I finished putting on the Vanilla Moose (by PC with a polishing pad) and the EX-P (by hand with the foam applicator from PakShak).

http://img77.photobucket.com/albums/v234/rmiyash/Mach1/vm-exp01.jpg

I couldn`t wait to take a picture of my Mach1 in the sun, but then it looked like this:

http://img77.photobucket.com/albums/v234/rmiyash/Mach1/vm-exp02.jpg

Full sun, no clouds, around mid-day.

Well, at least it looks pretty good in any condition besides sunny with no clouds.

http://img77.photobucket.com/albums/v234/rmiyash/Mach1/vm-exp03.jpg

Sunny with clouds, afternoon around 5 PM.

I`m gonna try again, I washed the Mach1 today and it didn`t feel so slick afterwards (I used NXT wash). I may do a VMx2 and EX-Px2. Anyone got good results with this? Thanks!

vinnymack
07-12-2004, 03:40 AM
wow very nice...the hawaiian punch combo is sweeeet

General Lee
07-12-2004, 04:31 AM
I thought my True Blue GT was a nice color, but man! that combo really makes your blue look sweeeeeeet! Thats Azure blue right?

stilez
07-12-2004, 06:06 AM
VM/EX-P is definately a knock out combo.

Good name for it Ranney :D

Excellent work on the Stang!

Aurora
07-12-2004, 06:30 AM
That is some great work! The only thing shining on the other cars on the block are the windows.

imported_KevinA
07-12-2004, 07:47 AM
My eyes! My eyes! :eek: Turn down that shine!

Wow, does that color ever pop! Great job! :xyxthumbs

UtahX
07-12-2004, 08:51 AM
Looks very nice.

Gonzo
07-12-2004, 08:55 AM
The inside pix looks like that mystichrone (SP ?) paint

PakShak
07-12-2004, 10:54 AM
Hi hirosh...

Looks great! Bling!...Bling!

With Aloha,

Ranney :)

hirosh
07-12-2004, 11:55 AM
thanks all!

General Lee - yeah, it`s the Azure Blue. it`s pretty cool in that it can range from a light grabber blue to a nice medium blue.

Ranney - thanks again! great combo you put together. i look forward to doing more business with you!

03COBRA
07-12-2004, 12:46 PM
Hey Hirosh, great job! Fellow "slow" mustang owner here!:p That`s looks very good! Can I make one suggestion, put 2-3 coats of the EX-P on there, and then top it with CMW from ClearKote, you won`t beleive the results! I loved the EX-P on my SB Cobra, it gave it a clearcoat look, but then i topped it with CMW and about lost my lunch, it gave it such a wet look! Give it a try!! Check my pics!! Great car by the way, that was my 2nd choice! I had a 70 Mach 1 with the shaker, so I almost did it for memories!!

http://204.228.229.110/uploads/OwnerProfiles/bodydroptsonoma/752004114103PM76531.jpg http://204.228.229.110/uploads/OwnerProfiles/bodydroptsonoma/752004114809PM40121.jpg

hirosh
07-12-2004, 01:37 PM
04cobra - thanks! i think i`m gonna try put a couple more coats of EX-P on. hmmm, and i just might have to give Ranney another call. :p

"slow" stang....heh heh, yeah, we`re slow....:D and your Sonic Blue Cobra is awesome! i sometimes wish i had that color, but well, the Azure Blue is kinda neat, something that doesn`t show up too well with a digital camera, at least mines. the Cobra is super nice and wicked, my second choice because I couldn`t afford it! :p

a 70 Mach1, that must`ve been sweet. i love the looks of the `69-`70 stangs, especially the fastbacks like the Mach1`s and Boss`s. what color was yours?

03COBRA
07-12-2004, 03:33 PM
Finally nice to have 2 mustangs that are fast, for years we have been waiting for a stang that can hang, and now there`s 2! I meant we are both slow, as a joke! Yeah I love the EX-P, it`s a great product, I second the idea of waiting 24 hrs before applying the second coat, it worked for me! It`s supposed to work best for light cars, but I think on dark colors it gives a great clear reflection that the CMW gives a wet look to! I have about a quarter of a bottle left of CMW before I start my next bottle, wanna give it a try? PM me an address and I will ship it out to you, not sure of shipping to Hawaii, but if it`s not to much I can do it! Let me know!! The 70 Mach was sweet, I had the 351C, ran a 12.93 in the 1/4! It was yellow with the black stripe on the hood, and of course the "shaker hood"! You know what was weird about the shaker, the paint on the passenger side of the shaker was rubbed off! Oh wait, maybe because the shaker would hit the hole in the hood from when I would jump on it, now it makes sense!!:xyxthumbs

hirosh
07-12-2004, 04:12 PM
i knew you were joking. i was going to also write: `slow when compared to a Pro-Stocker!` but yeah, you gotta love the 4-cammer 4.6, that baby roars, although there is nothing like the 4 cammer with a blower! :bow

hey thanks for the offer. yeah, if you don`t mind, that be great! i`ll send you a PM.

and surprisingly, i found EX-P to be not that difficult to work with. i thought it be a PIA after reading a bunch of stuff here. but as long as you spread it out nicely, it`s nice. and it smells great, like pina collatas. "if you like pina collatas...." :D

oh your old Mach1 sounded sweet!

"You know what was weird about the shaker, the paint on the passenger side of the shaker was rubbed off! Oh wait, maybe because the shaker would hit the hole in the hood from when I would jump on it, now it makes sense!!" <--- heh heh gotta love that! that is so awesome! :bounce :xyxthumbs i wonder if i can do that with my mach? :D

rockafella
07-14-2004, 09:06 AM
Good job it looks great..