PDA

View Full Version : Applying wax/SG, MF pad, MF towel, Cotton pad, or foam pad?

00 scrub
07-12-2004, 02:09 AM
I have a few questions about applying Klasse SG and AIO (like 99% of the people on this board :P).

What should I apply it with? Viking MF towel (or any other brand), MF pad, foam pad, or cotton cloth pad? I"m thinking the MF pad would be the best, but I;m sure other people have tried the others out and seen how they work.

I`ve done both AIO and SG with my Viking MF towel and it seemed to work well. But I`m not sure if I caused any swirls/marring with them, and if the other ways of applying would be safer. Also I`m having the exact opposite problem of most people when using Klasse for the first time. The AIO went on and off really easily, I never remeber seeing any residue on the paint though, except when I first applied it and the towel had a little excess product in it. Same with the SG, I never had any problems with it, but I never saw much product on the surface of the paint. I woudl apply it and I would only get my clay lube/QD residue coming off teh towel onto the paint. There would be a gloss to the paint after i buffed it off, but I never noticed the usual problem of having the SG get greasy and hard to remove. It felt like i wasn`t removing anything. Did I not apply it correctly?

Oh and Klasse will make it through an airport security screening. I took my bottle with me today to try it on some cars elsewhere in the country, and the security people were a little perplexed by it, but let me go. They seemed a little worried that it had petroleum distillate in it.

thinksnow
07-12-2004, 06:49 AM
I apply AIO with the white polishing pad on the PC. Without a PC, I would use a mf applicator. I apply SG with a Sonus-misted mf applicator.

Removal of AIO--Excel Detail mf

Removal of SG--Pakshak Ultra-fine or Autofiber mf

Don`t know anything about Klasse transport:nixweiss

If you are applying SG panel by panel, there should be no problem removing it. Only very rarely do I have to go back over a section with the applicator again (usually if I have to grab the phone etc...). So good job walking right into the proper application technique:xyxthumbs

SAZMan
07-12-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by thinksnow

Removal of AIO--Excel Detail mf

Removal of SG--Pakshak Ultra-fine or Autofiber mf

For application I use mf pads lightly sprayed with water. Any other towels anyone recommends for removal?

00 scrub
07-13-2004, 02:28 AM
Well my main problem is that it is too easy to remove/apply. I`m not sure if I`m even applying any SG. How do I know it is not getting soaked into the MF towel? The surface feels slick when i rub the back of my hand against it, but not as slick as if i did it with GC. Is that just what SG is like? It looks better, but not crazy. HSould I see a film or residue after I apply the SG?

thinksnow
07-13-2004, 07:27 AM
You should see a slight amount of SG on the paint if viewed from the side (almost indiscernable if viewed from directly overhead).

AIO seems a little slicker than SG to me, although the difference is negligible.

Grab a mf applicator and wet it down with a tiny amount of water or Sonus Acrylic. Then you won`t have to worry about the "absorbency" issue.