PDA

View Full Version : Removing wax with a buffer or a microfiber?

audipower
07-12-2004, 01:24 AM
I`m just wondering guys or ladies. I`m going to apply Klasse`s All in One, Sealent Glaze and then P21S. With a elec. buffer. I only have regular terry cloths to remove it with the buffer. I have microfiber towels to remove it by hand and a Concour`s Buffing Towel to remove the SG. I`m wondering what will I get better results with, removing with terry cloth on the elec. buffer, or microfiber by hand?

When I waxed NXT by hand with terry cloth applicator and removed with terry cloth. It looked nice, but when I used a buffer applying and removing it looked alot better. I was just wondering how great microfiber is. I use it know to wash my windows and I don`t get streaks and easier to clean. I plan in the future to purchase microfiber bonnets.

Thanx

Accumulator
07-12-2004, 09:50 AM
Depending on the paint, the terry could mar it (though it sounds like it didn`t with the NXT). I`d stick with the MF/ Concours towel until you get the bonnets. IMO machine-work, especially with the MF bonnets, really does work out better than by-hand :xyxthumbs

medic159
07-12-2004, 10:58 AM
Try this... http://autopia-carcare.com/mf-cfb6-2.html

a.k.a. Patrick
07-12-2004, 11:01 AM
Hand or machine, MF`s are superior......

NavindraLR
07-12-2004, 11:38 AM
i think a machine with a bonnet would help seeing as that speed opposed to pressure is what really gets the wax/sg off, and the shine out

audipower
07-12-2004, 12:22 PM
I would think the speed would get the shine and your hands would just remove it. No matter what matterial you use. Of course microfiber would be better removing, but speed would be more superior.

Also, does anybody know where to get a 10 inch microfiber bayonet? I see they only have 6-7 on autopia.

Appreciate it!

l33
07-12-2004, 12:24 PM
You should remove by hand, then give it the entire car a couple of passes with the pc and a MF bonnet. Otherwise the bonnet will cake up.

Gadfly
07-12-2004, 12:37 PM
I have a PC AND a Wal Mart, six inch $15.00 special.

To remove the LSP I use the WM (@2800 OPM) with a MF towel under the pad. Works just fine for me - and it`s a LOT cheaper than the MF covers. Sometimes the MF gets wraped around the pad, but it`s a minor inconvenience.

Accumulator
07-12-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by audipower

... does anybody know where to get a 10 inch microfiber bayonet? I see they only have 6-7 on autopia.

Appreciate it!

Heh heh, that`s "bonnet"...a bayonet would mar the finish :D

I`d stick with the smaller ones even if you *did* find a big one. They tend to get loaded up in a certain area near the edge, so IMO a single big one wouldn`t do the whole vehicle anyhow. My personal favorites are 4" ones on the Cyclo, but the way they load up you need a bunch of them.