BOBBYBOB
07-11-2004, 10:43 PM
I have a silver car with good paint and Jason at the Meguiars

hotline said to use the cleaner wax and then NXT. I was

not impressed. I am going the Klasse route and I want to

know what do I do to the car`s finish before starting? Thanks

andriver
07-11-2004, 10:46 PM
Just wash and clay if necessary. AIO will strip the old wax.

imported_Yosemite Dan
07-11-2004, 11:29 PM
What didn`t you like about NXT?

shaf
07-13-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Yosemite Dan

What didn`t you like about NXT? Good question, because there is a possibility that Klasse will fail you as well, depending on why Meguiar`s suggestion didn`t work for you.

Remember that sometimes Meguiar`s suggestions can be a bit on the "conservative" side....

imported_YouGottaBeLeaf
07-13-2004, 07:12 PM
I didn`t like NXT neither. It was OK but it didn`t give that fantastic look it was promising. I got my money back on it as per their guarantee. I am not a Meg`s basher, I have used and use a lot of their products (#80, #83, #9, #7, #40, etc, etc) and am happy with them. IMO the NXT just didn`t live up to the hype.

I am now using this combo: mother`s clay, DACP, Menzerna FP II, AIO, Menzerna FMJ and am VERY happy with the look. I`m just waiting on the durability of FMJ since I keep stripping it off to try different combinations of products :)

imported_NHBFAN
07-13-2004, 07:16 PM
I`m fickle!

Wasn`t initially impressed with NXT and didn`t plan to use it again, but then discovered it`s a pretty good product to use on vehicles with light colors in good condition.

Also said I`ll never use KSG again. Now on my new car I just finished AIO and KSG X 3. Most recently I used a damp MF and a dry MF. Wow! Is that easy!

Guess the moral of the story is "never say never"

LOTA OT
07-13-2004, 09:16 PM
Also said I`ll never use KSG again. Now on my new car I just finished AIO and KSG X 3. Most recently I used a damp MF and a dry MF. Wow! Is that easy!

That`s the way I`ve always used KSG (and recommended to others) and aside from the 1 hour cure time I allow, I`ve always had good/easy to use results.

I really like KSG and other sealants like 1Z GW on silver cars. Gives an extra shine that just doesn`t show with carnuba on silver.

Michael