PDA

View Full Version : Are these good products to use?

germ79
07-11-2004, 07:52 PM
Hello to all! I have a black Trans Am and it has some light swirl marks in it. I Zaino`d it when I first got it (used) and it made it shiny and smooth, but still had swirls. I don`t have the experience to use a polisher, so I`ve been looking for products that will help the finish.

I went to the auto store today to pick up the Meguiar`s Three Step sytem and while I was there, I saw the Meguiar`s Mirror Glaze line too. They had #7-Show car glaze and #26- Hi-tech yellow wax. From best I could tell, #7 looks like it could replace step 2 and #26 looks like it could replace step 3. So, I ended up getting step 1-paint cleaner, and #7 and #26. Is this an ok combination to use? Seems like it would be a good process.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jeremy

ZaneO
07-11-2004, 08:23 PM
It should work decently, but don`t expect miracles without using a buffer of some sort. You might take that #7 back and get some ScratchX; it`s a little more aggresive and works decently by hand. Do some searching on the Porter Cable random orbital buffer. They are 99% fool proof and do very nice work.

Click on the Learn icon at the top of the page and do lots of searching.

Big Leegr
07-12-2004, 03:46 AM
Another point is that #7 is a "filler" glaze, so you aren`t actually removing the swirls, you`re just filling them in so they aren`t as visible. They do come back.

shaf
07-13-2004, 07:15 PM
I would say that Meguiar`s Step 1 is too gentle to really do much for swirls, so you might to try that first, but have a stronger product on hand (like a scratch remover or Body Scrub maybe).

imported_outsider
07-13-2004, 08:28 PM
#26 should only be applied to paint that is close to perfect condition

txz28
07-13-2004, 09:00 PM
I would also consider using clay. I love the stuff. The step with the most results for your effort.

I would also consider using #9 instead of step one. It has more ability to remove scratches.

My detailing regeime would be:

wash

clay

Wax (My current choice is NXT).