PDA

View Full Version : NXT over AIO

Gonzo
07-11-2004, 07:47 PM
So today I had a go at the wife`s beater - a metallic green B--UK according to the stick on letters just above the radiator. I began with a full wash and dry. Then I broke out the AIO and applied it with my Cyclo using the cutting pads to the hood. Note to self - move some of the AIO from the big jug to the small one (it is WAY WAY easier to drizzle on a small amount onto the pads!) EO W&S bailed me out of the streak city that yielded. Shook well then sprayed a little NXT onto a yellow 4" foamie and wiped the whole hood with it and while the NXT was drying, AIO`ed the roof. Checked the hood, no hazing, so AIO`ed a front fender, then checked the hood again and it looked like little "pearls" of NXT were forming. Hmmm, I said to myself, maybe, as a first time user, I applied too much NXT. AIO`ed a door next, and now the NXT on the hood had collected itself into big "pearls" - Hmm, I said to myself, I used WAY too much NXT! Then I used a clean dry MF to wipe off the NXT "pearls" - it still didn`t "flash" so AIO`ed the next door and went back to the hood. It looked like it had hazed a bit so decide to do the full wipedown. 2 MF`s later I had finally finished getting all the streaks and sweat drips off the hood. All in all, it must have been 30-40 minutes the NXT wass sitting on the hood. According to my opinion meter, NXT over AIO was a little brighter than the AIO alone.

The next part of this experiment was to apply NXT to the trunk, with another pair of clean & dry cutting pads, one and bit NXT spritzed on each pad and did the trunk. I think this time I found the right amount of NXT as it mostly hazed in about 15 minutes, but there were tiny NXT "Pearls" starting to form. Buffed it off and the results were a little less bright than the AIO & NXT on the hood.

OK, this merits further study, so finished the car using AIO and SG.

Anyone else see anything similar?

jfelbab
07-11-2004, 08:22 PM
I`ve just started to use the NXT booster wax which is what I think you are using. I also saw beads until I realized I was putting it on way too heavy.

Now I spritz a hand applicator lightly with one spray or a half spray and it will do a panel. I believe I will get well in excess of 50 applications from this product. I get a haze over in about 15 minutes but it takes me longer than that to do the whole car so i just start to remove when I`ve finish going around the car applying.

I like the results but it gets better. After you finish removing it, in an hour two the gloss seems deeper and wetter than it was initially.

Scottwax
07-11-2004, 11:58 PM
I`ve used NXT over AIO a few times. Seems to be a pretty durable combo. I got nearly 5 months of beading, slickness and great appearance on a white, single stage paint 1999 Honda Accord driven by a high school senior daily.

Gonzo
07-12-2004, 09:38 AM
Scottwax,

Did you apply the AIO and NXT in the same detail? Or had the AIO have some "cure time" first.

Scottwax
07-12-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Gonzo

Scottwax,

Did you apply the AIO and NXT in the same detail? Or had the AIO have some "cure time" first.

I applied NXT right after AIO.

Jesstzn
07-12-2004, 06:31 PM
Gonzo are you using the Tech wax or the spray stuff? You mention "Shook well then sprayed a little NXT onto a yellow 4" foamie " . Mine has a flip up pour spout .. I apply NXT over AIO and I drizzle a pencil lead size *S* on a 4" pad for my cordless and apply . It seems to flash right away .. and by the time I have applied to the complete car I wait 15 minutes then wipe off easily with a MF by hand or a MF under a PC pad on 4.