PDA

View Full Version : Why is Klasse hard for me to use?

Pages : [1] 2

rockstar_style
07-11-2004, 02:54 PM
Klasse is known for its ease-of-use, so can anybody help me out as to why it`s a PIA for me?

I polished the car with 1Z MP and I`m following up with AIO and SG. I`m struggling with AIO right now. I`m use a PC (@ ~4) with a white polishing pad that has a squirt or 2 of QD and distilled water. I`m putting an `X` shape on the pad (about 4" x 4") and doing roughly 4 to 6 sq. ft. with that. It seems to spread fine, but when I use my mf towel to wipe off, it`s not all buffing out nicely...meaning heavier areas are really hard to get out, like it`s sticking to the paint. It`s also really dusty and the dust particles are sticking also.

If it matters, it`s very humid out right now. I figured it doesn`t since it`s okay to use a cloth dampened with water to apply. Any ideas? Thanks.

jimmybuffit
07-11-2004, 03:07 PM
Sounds clearly like you`re using way too much product. Make a light pass and wipe off right away. Should be quite a bit easier to remove. A little squirt of QD may help, but usually isn`t needed.

Good Luck!

Jim

rockstar_style
07-11-2004, 03:40 PM
Thanks Jim...that`s saving me money by not over-using it. However, I`m still having trouble buffing it out. I run my pc over a panel for maybe 15-20 sec. I follow up with a mf right away and it`s all dry and still difficult to buff out...and it leaves tons of dust. Frustrating to say the least. Maybe I`m not using enough now?

jimmybuffit
07-11-2004, 04:00 PM
:)

If it`s still producing dust, you are still using too much...

imported_CBX Carl
07-11-2004, 04:32 PM
Klasse needs to be applied thin. Try to look at the panel an an angle and see the shading change from the AIO application. Just enough to cover and that is all that in needed. It is a contrast to the average joe covering his car with white circles letting it haze dry then buffing it off. Klasse AIO/SG is a model of silent efficiency.

rockstar_style
07-11-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Lost Pup

It is a contrast to the average joe covering his car with white circles letting it haze dry then buffing it off.

:rolleyes: That`s totally me right now...maybe not white circles, but definitely not what it should be. Ugh, I feel so retarded. Thanks guys...the help is much appreciated.

Dalight
07-11-2004, 05:38 PM
I`ve heard other people dampening their applicator with QD before they apply too.

I used AIO yesterday, and I felt like I wasn`t putting it on thick enough. I ended up needing to put more on for an easier application. :)

armoredsaint
07-11-2004, 05:49 PM
Definitely dampen your pads with QD or at least some water and half-way through you might want to rinse out your pad too because it will get clogged up with AIO, that`s been my experience using the PC and remember to do one panel at a time and wipe off. As for SG, using the hand is easy with a MF pad.

ernman
07-11-2004, 06:16 PM
The first time I used aio with my pc where it was thin it came off fine, but on the area that I didn`t work it in enough it was harder coming off.

Gonzo
07-11-2004, 07:18 PM
Try using the AIO using a finishing pad instead of a polishing pad - the pores in the pad are smaller and the pad itself will hold less AIO. A little EO W&S, as recommended by CMA helps to keep the AOI thin. When I use it, I give the pad 3 full trigger spritzes of W&S then only a very thin line (maybe 1/8 inch wide) of AIO around the pad, aboyt 2/3 the way out from the center and use that amount to do half the hood of my truck. The smaller size of Klasse is MUCH easier to get a thin line than the larger size. THEN get the MF to the AIO as quickly as possible. The occasional streak I do get, just hit it with a very light misting of W&S and then the MF again.

SAZMan
07-12-2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Lost Pup

Klasse needs to be applied thin. Try to look at the panel an an angle and see the shading change from the AIO application. Just enough to cover and that is all that in needed. It is a contrast to the average joe covering his car with white circles letting it haze dry then buffing it off. Klasse AIO/SG is a model of silent efficiency.

Does this apply to SG as well? When I`ve applied SG with a shading change, I get a haze. If I apply it so I can`t even tell if any is on the car, I get no haze, but I end up wondering if I applied enough. It is a bit frustrating. I have no problems with AIO coming off, though.

Gonzo
07-12-2004, 09:41 AM
SAZMan

Method 2 of yours is the better method. Apply SG 3 times, which about maxes out the shine and you should be set. AIO can be done via machine or hand, but SG is best done by hand.

rockstar_style
07-12-2004, 09:55 AM
I finally discovered the "proper" amount to use...I`m amazed at how little is needed. I guess my 33oz AIO and SG should be good for many applications.

This site rocks...and rolls.

Accumulator
07-12-2004, 10:15 AM
There`s no way to exaggerate how little SG is needed. If you can see it, you used too much.

rockstar_style- Note that one of the things you`re dealing with is that the AIO is "cleaning off" the wax from the 1Z polish.

Jesstzn
07-12-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Accumulator

There`s no way to exaggerate how little SG is needed. If you can see it, you used too much.

Thats the problem I have .. and I am scared that using so little I am actually rubbing the applicator on the paint dry and possibly rubbing too hard and marring ..

I use a lil squirt bottle to apply the SG to the pad but I can`t find one that will spray it on .. so I end up with a spot on the applicator and that applies too much.