PDA

View Full Version : Sealant/wax with the least amount of dust attraction?

Pages : [1] 2

MattZ28
10-14-2004, 10:10 PM
Just wondering, from your experiences, what is the sealant or wax that attracts the least amount of dust that you have used?

HondaMan
10-14-2004, 10:12 PM
Hoo-boy, a question for the vets...I think that this is the kind of question that is really a guestimate by anybody. It`s not something easily quantifiable, like saying which sealant lasts longer.

Measuring dust is kinda tough. Unless you`re in my bedroom. :)

ben54
10-15-2004, 02:48 AM
It`s probably easier to tell you which wax collects dust. In my limited experience, Wolfgang has attracted the least amount of dust for me, and my car is black so dust is quite noticeable.

JaredPointer
10-15-2004, 07:47 AM
Just from my personal experience I can say that Natty`s (as a topper) does not attract dust. I have had the best luck using it and it not getting dusty as quick as other things.

mgm2003
10-15-2004, 07:53 AM
I agree that wolfgang doesn`t attract a lot of dust. I haven`t tried every sealer, so this one is a bit hard to answer.

Phil
10-15-2004, 07:56 AM
Have any of you used detail kings sealer? its white

EBPcivicsi
10-15-2004, 08:09 AM
UPP for me by far. The one that attracts the most for me is TS. This is in Memphis during the summer when it hasn`t rained in a few days. In the spring it really doesn`t matter what you have on it, the pollen is just too much.

CharlesW
10-15-2004, 08:29 AM
With all the products I have tried, I don`t think there has been a lot of difference in "not attracting" dust.
The only product I remember really being aware of a dust problem was Liquid Lustre. A friend gave me some years ago. It was a one step that looked absolutely great. Then a few hours later, it had so much dust collected it was unbelievable. May have had some oil in it.:D I passed it on.

Charles

wifehatescar
10-15-2004, 09:17 AM
Just from my personal experience I can say that Natty`s (as a topper) does not attract dust. I have had the best luck using it and it not getting dusty as quick as other things.

I have had exactly the opposite experience, the only bad thing I have found about Natty`s is the dust it collects. :duel :wha

tpgsr
10-15-2004, 09:45 AM
You have to remember that dust attraction can be caused by your towels too. If you machine dry them, try and take them out when they are still mildly damp, and hang them for about 15 min. They will cause less static build up that way, and therefore attract less dust to the paint.

awd330
10-15-2004, 10:00 AM
My 2 cents (your mileage may vary) -

Souveran Paste seems to attract a lot of dust for me. Natty`s paste is the carnauba which attracts the least dust. I`d place Trade Secret, S100, Liquid Souveran, Carnauba Moose Wax, and Meg`s #26 in between the two aforementioned products.

For sealants, I`m getting a lot of dust collection with my first use of FMJ. It seems to results in more dirty water spotting than many other sealants I`ve used. UPP and EX-P don`t seem to attract much dust. SG, Glanz Wax, EX, Wolfgang, and MPPP are in between.

G35stilez
10-15-2004, 11:16 AM
Least dust is probably FMJ, EX, or Klasse.

Marj, how did you use FMJ? Did you use their glaze?

awd330
10-15-2004, 01:28 PM
Marj, how did you use FMJ? Did you use their glaze?
I used FMJ on 2 panels; one with the FTG and one without. The panel with the FTG was prepped with Poorboy`s Pro Polish. The panel without the FTG was prepped with Four Star UPC. Both panels have the dirty water spots, but the one with the glaze seems to be a little worse.

GearHead_1
10-15-2004, 07:03 PM
Meguiar`s Medallion Premium Paint Protection (MPPP) works well and seems to attract less dust than other products I`ve used. :)

USA88GT
11-11-2005, 06:08 PM
I find that Zaino attracts very very little dust. I have tried several and I am having dust problems on my black Z28. I have tried souveran and nxt and the NXT is brutal.