PDA

View Full Version : Omg!!! Please Help!! Asap!!

78_Caprice
07-10-2004, 03:14 PM
OH CRAP! well my car got rained on yesturday so I really needed to wash it, stupid me I did it in the sun , and now I have water spots in the paint!! I just put it in the garage(my dad let me, suprisingly)

I`m sooo worried, I don`t even know what to do. Heck I had Polymer Sealant and Carnuba Wax on the car (2 coats of carnuba, 2 coats of Polymer Sealant, followed by 1 coat of carnuba again).

It`s an Acrylic Enamel paint job as mentioned in the other thread.

Someone please help me out ASAP, I`m so mad but it was my fault!

Dalight
07-10-2004, 03:22 PM
I`m not sure what an acrylic enamel paint job is, but Klasse AIO has removed water spots on my wife`s car.

dmatre
07-10-2004, 04:17 PM
If the spots just appeared after the last wash, then they are most likely minerals from the water left on the paint.

First, try rewashing the car, or hit it with a quick detail spray. Odds are that they`ll wash right off.

If they don`t wash off, a very mild cleaner polish (like Klasse AIO, or Meguiar`s #7 Cleaner/Wax) should take care of it.

If that doesn`t do it, you can try soaking a cloth in diluted white vinegar (1 part vinegar to 1 part water), then GENTLY wipe over the clean car (wash again before vinegar if dirty). After the vinegar, wash again with car wash, then rewax/reseal.

It shouldn`t be that difficult to deal with if they`ve just appeared today.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

PS: If you can post a pic of the spots, you may get more/better recommendations.

78_Caprice
07-10-2004, 04:35 PM
Well I don`t have a lot of products right now! but I was told to try the Polymer Sealant as it apparently has some minor cleaner in it, so I did just that and now it`s not AS NOTICEABLE but still there. Everything is closed here right now.

and I`m very busy sunday and monday so do you think if I wait till tuesday and use a clay bar with the 3 step Meguiars products will it still be able to remove the water spots completely?

Jesstzn
07-10-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by 78_Caprice

Well I don`t have a lot of products right now! but I was told to try the Polymer Sealant as it apparently has some minor cleaner in it, so I did just that and now it`s not AS NOTICEABLE but still there. Everything is closed here right now.

and I`m very busy sunday and monday so do you think if I wait till tuesday and use a clay bar with the 3 step Meguiars products will it still be able to remove the water spots completely?

Give the vinegar a try on a small spot before you try the 3 step. .. if iut works then go sealant *then* carnuba

mnbv
07-11-2004, 02:51 AM
I have heard to seal before wax also.

HotRodGuy
07-11-2004, 10:59 AM
try warm water!

Accumulator
07-12-2004, 09:45 AM
78_caprice- It`s very doubtful that the water spots got through both the sealant and the wax. The worst you`ll have to do is strip things down to bare paint, *maybe* polish it a bit.

Vinegar, the claybar system, the 3-step these are good approaches. The Meg`s #7 is just a glaze, it`s not what you need here.

If the 3-step doesn`t get it, then you`ll need a mildly abrasive polish. See how the 3-step works first. I`d do this ASAP as the minerals from the water oughta come off as soon as possible.

Don`t sweat this (heh heh easy for *me* to say, huh?)...you learned a lesson about what sunlight can do when you`re washing; now you know.