PDA

View Full Version : Nail polish glue on dash

corvettez
07-10-2004, 01:33 PM
My sons gf was just given an 01 Camry and decided to try her hand at interior mods. She glued a fiber optic string light to the dash using the glue that`s used to bond artificial nails. Yup, glued it right across the dash and before she gets disowned I plan to see what I can do. I thought I`d post here for suggestions before I leave work and head home to deal with it.

Can anyone suggest what might help remove it cleanly? It`s been on there for one day and I don`t know yet if it has set up completley or not. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you

imported_Dave Holmes
07-11-2004, 04:21 AM
Fake nail glue is actually just Super Glue (atleast my daughter`s is). Acetone removes it, but probably wouldn`t be good for the dash. You could try a small test spot in an inconspicuous area. Other solvents may work on it, too (Goo Gone, 3M Adhesive and Wax Remover, etc...).

Dave

NNives
07-12-2004, 10:22 PM
Goo Gone is a really good product I would try that out before anything and if you don`t get anywhere with that then try breaking it up with Nail Polish Remover or a rubbing compound.

corvettez
07-13-2004, 05:20 AM
Goo Gone didn`t phase it and I stopped just short of acetone for fear of what that might do to the vinyl. By the time I saw the car the cement had already set up and now I`m thinking that anything that will cut that down and remove it will most likely not be clean in the end.

I`ll see, I`m not through with it yet. She sure did make a mess out of her dash. Thanks for the response(s).