PDA

View Full Version : Mini-test conclusion: Klasse == teh b0mb!

Dalight
07-10-2004, 12:52 PM
or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the AIO

As you may remember from my previous thread, I`m looking for a nice combo on my 2000 Saab 9-5 with a Frost Grey metallic paint. I`d decided to try VM and AIO as bases and EX-P and S100 as toppers.

I covered the left half of the hood with AIO and the right half with VM. Then, I put EX-P on the front and S100 on the rear.

From educated (at least in detailing) sources (3 at work and 1 at home, my wife), all agreed that the AIO side looked darker and seemed to hide swirls better. My wife added that in her opinion, the AIO made the metallic flecks stand out better.

No one could decide if the front or back of the hood looked better.

Today, I started washing the car by hosing off the hood. Due to EX-Ps ability to sheet water better (you could tell exactly where the line between S100 and EX-P was by the ammount of water), I decided to top AIO with it.

Right now, I`ve just finished putting AIO on my car and I`m waiting a bit before I cover with EX-P.

IMHO, Klasse AIO is my favorite product to use. By itself, it darkened the car and made it brighter at the same time. It worked wonderfullly on the windows and mirrors. I`m thinking about having my baby baptised in it when he/she`s born :) .

The only problem I had with Klass was the ammount I used. I`d transferred some to a 2oz bottle for easier handling. With other waxes, I`ll use at most 1oz. I`d almost used 2 with AIO (but I also did the windows). Also, it felt like I was missing some places when I used it, causing me to go back over some areas.

But those were minor problems. By all other areas, Klass, as I mentioned in the title, is teh b0mb!!!

If I get a chance, I`ll take some pix.

beanbag
07-10-2004, 04:19 PM
Most people say that AIO and other polymer-like stuff are "bright" and bring out swirls. I know of one other person who did a test (forgot the name, but I think he lived in the Phillipines) that also showed that AIO was better at hiding swirls than some other stuff.

usdm
07-10-2004, 07:37 PM
I`s not the aio that has problems with showing inperfections, it is the ksg. AIO deflects light off edges making edges softer and harder to see in certain lights. KSG on the other hand has no other properties to deflect light or soften hard edges. KSG will show imperfections in the paint