PDA

View Full Version : Megs#80/NXT=WOW

Pages : [1] 2

Pats300zx
07-10-2004, 06:07 AM
Last night I had the opportunity to detail a friends 2003 Chrome Silver 350Z. I decided to try out some of the Megs#80 Speed Glaze that I just purchased and top it off with Megs NXT.

For the #80 I used a PC with a Lake Country polishing pad at 5

For the NXT I used a Lake Country finishing pad at 4

All I can say is wow. The Speed Glaze really cleaned up the paint nicely. The paint was in immaculate condition and its alway hard to see swirls and marring on silver paint. The Speed Glaze left the paint very smooth and clean. It broke down very easy and fast as well.... I def like it....:xyxthumbs

After topping with the NXT the metal flake in the paint really came out. I really cant wait to see how the NXT looks after it has had time to fully cure.

I know NXT tends to get a bad rap at times. I have had nothing but fantastic results with it. I have used it on red, white, silver, and chrome silver finishes and think it looks awesome. I know that durabilty is an issue but if you maintain the car I really don`t see it as a problem.

NXT to me is very easy to apply and wipes off just as easy.

The owner of the 350Z was a diehard Blackfire fan and was very impressed.

All and all I feel its an awesome combo....:bow

EBPcivicsi
07-10-2004, 07:08 AM
I have to agree! Speedglaze topped with just about anything looks great, but with NXT you can`t go wrong. To me NXT looks like a combo, it`s deep, wet, and looks great on just about every color that I have tried it on.

I like to use speed glaze, NXT, and top with #16 after 24 hours. I love the look and #16 is very durable(in Memphis at least).

BTW, any pics? ;)

Pats300zx
07-10-2004, 07:15 AM
At first I wasn`t sure if I was working the #80 in enough. How do you guys usually use it????

I had it on 5 the whole time and tried to use it until it was almost broken down. That seemed hard...

Maybe I was using to much product...

07-10-2004, 08:23 AM
thats a combo that works great on my wife brown metallic pontiac, as well. as far as the #80 goes I work it just as I would #9/#82. it just starts out alittle thinner. at least for me. I don`t work it till its dry, but remove it while its still damp.

durabilty problems? like what? for me in my area, it last as long as any other quality wax give or take a few days. I`ve been as happy with nxt as I`ve been with #26.

imported_memnuts
07-10-2004, 10:55 AM
Patrick, since you have experience with both would you comment on Speed Glaze vs AIO.

Ease of use

Filling ability ( I suspect #80 is better since it is a glaze)

Oily??

Depth of color

Clarity

Slickness

Reflectivity / Gloss

TIA :bow

SpoiledMan
07-10-2004, 10:59 AM
Sorry, but I had to add this. We want to see the results! Im sure it looked nice though cause I have seen the combo before.

:showpics

imported_Aurora40
07-10-2004, 11:27 AM
In my limited experience, Speed Glaze doesn`t really break down in a tell-tale way. It is really oily, so you could work it all day if you wanted to, though the abrasives would have diminished away. I just work it what seems like a reasonable time. It doesn`t start to dust or anything, though. I guess just using it more will give better insight into when it`s done vs going longer sort of pointlessly.

Pats300zx
07-10-2004, 12:07 PM
Aurora40..thanks for the info. Yeah I wondered why it wasn`t drying lolol...

I was working it in with the pc waiting for it to dust and I was like WOW..I must be using too much...

Now I know why :)

a.k.a. Patrick
07-10-2004, 12:16 PM
I use it more or less just for swirl and oxidation removal....Im not real impressed with its filling ability, i usually make 3 passes, between 5-6.0....Stuff is awesome ! No dusting, excellent gloss, depth, non staining.....By far my best all around cleaner....Plus the added benefit of the oils for additional workability....

BlueDragonZ
07-10-2004, 11:49 PM
That`s great to hear Pat. I`ve been very pleased with NXT lately on my Z and I`ve been wondering what else I can use with it. I refuse to use anything else at this point becasue of the results. I`ll definately try #80 after I get some pads for it. Here`s my Z with two coats of NXT 24 hours apart. :D

SilverBelle04
07-11-2004, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by BlueDragonZ

That`s great to hear Pat. I`ve been very pleased with NXT lately on my Z and I`ve been wondering what else I can use with it. I refuse to use anything else at this point becasue of the results. I`ll definately try #80 after I get some pads for it. Here`s my Z with two coats of NXT 24 hours apart. :D

I`ve like to use #26 High Tech liquid wax on top of NXT. This combo pulls metal flake out of my silver MAx and makes it sparkle.

Bob

BlueDragonZ
07-11-2004, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by SilverBelle04

I`ve like to use #26 High Tech liquid wax on top of NXT. This combo pulls metal flake out of my silver MAx and makes it sparkle.

Bob

I`ll keep that in mind thanks.

Pats300zx
07-11-2004, 05:57 AM
Here are some pics of the 350Z that I did:

http://www.streetneeds.com/uploads/ecza/350z1.jpg

Yes..I guess you can say that NXT is reflective

http://www.streetneeds.com/uploads/ecza/350z2.jpg

BlueDragonZ
07-11-2004, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Pats300zx

Here are some pics of the 350Z that I did: