PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Civic Trashed, Need Game Plan

former86camaro
07-09-2004, 10:00 PM
I have a 2001 2 Door Civic I am going to help a buddy with. His car has not been washed or waxed in 1.5 years. We washed it twice tonight and I did a quick clay bar on the top sections.

It has hard water spots

Love bugs have messed the nose up

Many Swirls

In my arsenal at this time is:

The WolfGang Kit

1Z Paint Polish

3M SMR for dark colored cars

Zaino 2 and 5 and 7

Bug and Tar Spray

Tire Gels and 303

Rotary

Sears Orbital I know I want a PC, but do not have one yet… I usually do not use it, but may because this car is bad and requires a lot.

So after we washed for giggles we worked 2 coats of 1Z paint polish on the hood… Minor improvement. Then we used WG Paint Cleaner and still it had water spots and looked poor, but drastically better. So my plan for tommrow:

1.Wash again

2. Clay

3. Wash

4. 2 Coats of 1 Z sear buffer or should or

5. 1 Coat 3M SMR Rotary or… I am lost.. I never have had to work on a car this bad.

I would like to see the following in the end:

Reduced Swirls, bug guts off, but it is apparent the Florida love bugs won this battle for good. I would like some water spots gone and a fair shine. I know miracles are out of the question now. Is there anything else I can buy local for this 2001 Civic to work it over with that might work. When and how long should I use the rotary or should I avoid it and …..

hondaguy2582
07-09-2004, 10:33 PM
haha, I have an 02 civic, but it gets waxed every 3-4 months with klasse twins. On the polishing note, remember, the paint is very soft. Stick with the smr and a rotary if you think(and have a lot of practice with the rotary) it will do the job. The only real way youll get rid of those swirl marks is with that rotary.