PDA

View Full Version : Swirl prevention

dpreuss
07-08-2004, 11:16 PM
What washing/drying techniques and other advice to you guys have to prevent swirls? I just did a complete polish on my car and a coat of AIO and SG so I want to keep it nice. I also want to add another layer of SG, being that it`s been 2 weeks since my last application. I just washed my car using the Eurow sheepskin mitt and microtex microfiber drying towel from walmart, and it worked great. However, when I but my car under the halogens, I noticed there is still some water residue that the microfiber left behind, not exactly spots, but just residue from the tiny droplets of water it left behind. Is it okay if I went over it SG??? Anyone have any answers? Thanks.

imported_Intel486
07-09-2004, 12:11 AM
First thing I do is soak my truck down in water. It`s the universal solvent and you`ve got a lot of it at your disposal so use it. Also helps cool the paint down if it`s been in the sun. I then go around with a hard stream of water to see about blasting any loose dirt off that I can.

I use a LOT of my soap solution for washing. I use two fills of my 5 gallon bucket to wash my truck. I dip the wash mit in the water and then squeeze it out over the panel to be washed. I then dip it in the bucket again and start wiping on the panel with light pressure. I try to make sure there is always a layer of soap solution flowing over the paint. I go up and down on side panels and back to front on horizontal panels. After each panel I quickly rinse out my wash mit with the hose.

For drying I sheet as much water off as possible and then use cotton bath towels and the blot method. Lay it down, pick it up. For the final time around the vehicle to get any water I missed I use microfiber.