PDA

View Full Version : Wax that won`t remove Klasse Sealent

Pages : [1] 2

CLdude
07-07-2004, 06:25 PM
Hey all,

I`ve been viewing this site for a while and have learned a lot but i`m a little confused about the whole sealent and wax combo deal. I`ve learned that waxes like NXT have cleaners that can take off your sealent you just put on. What is a good wax I can use that will not remove my Klasse sealent I put on? Preferably a longer lasting one. (please don`t make fun, i don`t like to wax every week though).

Thanks

LouisanaJeeper
07-07-2004, 06:31 PM
meg`s #16

s100

poorboys natty`s wax

imported_Unreal
07-07-2004, 06:32 PM
If your looking for long lasting I would go with Meguiars #16

If you dont mind rewaxing every 3 weeks you could go with P21S, S100, Souveran or Trade Secret.

imported_Intel486
07-07-2004, 07:13 PM
I love p21S and S100 over Klasse. I use to use it all the time on my truck.

Testing out something new though w/ the truck involving EX-P and P21S though. If it doesn`t work out, then I`m going back to Klasse SG and P21S. So far I haven`t found much that compares to it.

drock
07-07-2004, 07:20 PM
would #26 be ok to top off klasse twins?

hondaguy2582
07-07-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by drock

would #26 be ok to top off klasse twins?

It would work, but I would avoid using the liquid #26 on top because its solvents would eat at klasse sg. I have both, and prefer the dinosaur(hehe) #16 over the newer #26.

LOTA OT
07-07-2004, 08:59 PM
Solvents are used to make the wax soft. The fewer the solvents, the less the wax will remove the previous layer. Stick with a paste (solid) wax like #16 or S100 or Sourvern or the like and you`ll most likely remove less of the SG.

Michael

imported_Yosemite Dan
07-08-2004, 06:08 PM
Meg`s #16, Souveran, P21s, Natty`s, Blitz.

There`s a few off the top of my head. For durability #16 seems to be the product of choice with P21s being the least durable. As long as the wax contains pure carnauba and no cleaners (it should state it whether it has cleaners) you`re safe.

With Klasse people find P21s to be a good topper.

audio1der
07-09-2004, 02:01 PM
NXT is also a sealant- probably not quite what you`re after.

Any good quality, 100% pure carnauba wax will not remove a previously applied coat of sealant.

I have personally used Meg`s #26 (similar to #16, but darkens the paint a touch) to top Zaino, and it worked wonderfully. When it was time to apply more Z, after a dawn wash to remove all wax, the Z was still going strong underneath.

Given the choice, i would say #16 or P21S.

TortoiseAWD
07-09-2004, 02:23 PM
CLdude,

Please, DO NOT CROSSPOST!

Responses to your threads have been merged here.

Thanks,

Tort

(moderator)

CLdude
07-09-2004, 11:54 PM
First of all, thanks guys for your input. Second, sorry tortoiseAWD, I couldn`t find my post when you moved it. My personal page doesn`t recognize the post either. Thanks for your guys help. Sounds like #16 is the best bet for me. Is it long lasting being that it is carnauba??? Also, if I put more than one coat on of wax, will it increase the likelyhood of it taking off the sealent?

CLdude
07-09-2004, 11:56 PM
oh yeah, nosebleedspeed, i couldn`t get that link to work either btw.

imported_Yosemite Dan
07-10-2004, 12:03 AM
It all depends on how you`re car is driven. if it`s never garaged and is a daily driver then you`ll get much less durability than a garage queen. If the climate is very hot and humid it will break down the wax much quicker. You could get 3 weeks or 3 months out of it. Conditions are important for durability just as prep is important for results.

Putting a 2nd coat of wax on right after won`t do anything to the sealant it will just add to what parts you missed. If it`s a pure carnauba it won`t clean anything off no matter how many coats. Anything more than that added on is just wasting product IMO.

audipower
07-10-2004, 12:35 AM
I just ordered the Klasse All in One and the Sealent. Before I was using Meguire`s NXT and it worked great protecting the car, but it didn`t have a deep shine. I"m looking for that with the Klasse. I was looking to use the NXT for the wax. Puting that on over the Sealent, but I`m reading that you shouldn`t. Why`s that? Should I go back to the Mequire`s Gold?

I just want to have a killer shine and to look like glass.

My first post!

imported_Yosemite Dan
07-10-2004, 12:51 AM
If you want a reflective shine then Klasse is the ticket. If you want that look to go deeper and richer then throw on any of the aforementioned carnaubas on top.

Both NXT and SG do the same thing so using both is unproductive for your shine. A sealant is longer lasting(or should be) but tends to lack the richness of a carnauba. By putting the carnauba on top of the sealant you`re getting the best of both worlds, a deep shine and longer protection. Avoid Gold Class as it may contain cleaners that will affect the SG and is not adding anything since it`s not a carnauba.

P21s seems to go best with Klasse in producing a deep yet still reflective shine.