PDA

View Full Version : I got a major problem I`m running into...

Pages : [1] 2

! apmljv
07-08-2004, 05:09 PM
I`m currently working on the car and I`ve noticed that I`ve created more swirls than what I originally had. They`re like scratches that`s going at the direction my PC was going.

My process is PC with #9, then I went up to DACP see if I can remove it, but unfortunately not. :(

Also, how come when I use DACP I get these white dots all over the places? I`ve clayed the car before I start using the DACP... and it seems only happens on DACP and nothin else.

Help~

Thanks

HotRodGuy
07-08-2004, 05:12 PM
what pads?

! apmljv
07-08-2004, 05:40 PM
Yellow Pad.. at speed 5

mnbv
07-08-2004, 07:39 PM
try slower?

bunmango
07-08-2004, 07:53 PM
the white dots can either be splatter or the dust from the DACP residue...

Santa Cruz, eh? Are you a Banana Slug? ;)

! apmljv
07-08-2004, 08:14 PM
yep! banana slug.. :D

But, currenlty down here at LA for the summer..

bunmango
07-08-2004, 08:22 PM
nice... I graduated from there 2 years ago... Stevenson :)

Did you try the #9 and then move up to DACP because you found that the #9 wasn`t agressive enough? Or are you following #9 by DACP? If so, the proper order should be DACP first, then #9. Are you sure that your pads and cloths are clean?

a.k.a. Patrick
07-08-2004, 08:25 PM
JL, apply your product at a lower speed, and work up to a higher speed. With DACP or #80 for example, i start around 4 (1 pass), then up to 5 on second pass, and the full speed for final pass.......Those little specs are a bit** to get out !!

It sounds like your pad was dirty.

#9 is pretty low on the abrasive level, if anything you should have been using DACP first then #9.....(correct?)

I also noticed your in T.O., same here......Im detailing tomorrow in North Ranch if you care to bring "her by?" I can take a lookey at these swirls, maybe we could do a panel with some of my prod`s and see where to go from there....up to you.....

! apmljv
07-08-2004, 08:26 PM
Ah, I can`t wait til I graduate -_- that town is too boring for me..

I originally tried #9, but with no result so I moved up to DACP. Then, apparently DACP created more scratches at the direction I was going with PC. Also, DACP also created those white dots that went everywhere when I turn on my PC.

I`m pretty sure that my pads and clothes are clean.

Lastly, I learned something today...

Don`t put too much SG.

First, I wasn`t sure how much is too much so I applied it the amount I did with AIO. But no! SG was a bi*** to whipe it off after it dried.

mnbv
07-08-2004, 08:37 PM
less is better with applying stuff I have heard

ncal
07-08-2004, 08:37 PM
Okay, as a local attending SC I have to disagree with the `this town is too boring for me` statement. Santa Cruz has a ton to offer but you have to look for it. It`s a completely different vibe from LA though so I can see why so many socal transplants feel bored in the area. Although maybe its just a local conspiracy to bore the uni kids out of their town. : D

And with the DACP splatter, I`ve found that it is horrible that way so make sure to really work it in before going full bore.

! apmljv
07-09-2004, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by ncal

And with the DACP splatter, I`ve found that it is horrible that way so make sure to really work it in before going full bore.

I don`t quite understand that line...

scottabir
07-09-2004, 02:45 AM
You might want to A) work the DACP longer (sounds like you are not letting the diminishing abrasives break down)

B) Switch to a polishing pad instead of a cutting pad (I am guessing you are using LC pads), your swirls in the picture IMHO didnt need a cutting pad.

Are the white dots "sling off" from when you turned the PC on?

If yes, you are probably using too much DACP with the PC.

*I* use about 4 dime size drops on the pad.

To clean up the white spots if they are dried on polish I use a product called Klean from Hi-temp that is good at cleaning off stubborn Polish splatter. (it does a great job at cleaning the pads when you are done too :D

Hope this helps

! apmljv
07-09-2004, 01:32 PM
Ya, the white dots is sling off the pad when I work on it. Maybe I have too much DACP.

scottabir
07-09-2004, 01:40 PM
I would say there is too much DACP. Try using just a few drops around the pad.

The line you didnt understand means start the PC on about speed 4 to spread it around the area you are buffing. After a pass or two increase the speed. It should reduce the splatter.

You can also try and smear it around without the machine being on, that will help too.