PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a chocolate ice cream/cloth interior stain...

SilverLexus
07-08-2004, 04:09 PM
Yep, the wife`s car...any ideas?

Thought I might try Eimann Hi Intensity...

Also, what`s the best stuff for carpet stains in terms of cleaning power, nice smell, non-damaging?

Next time we buy leather only.

Holly Marie
07-08-2004, 05:48 PM
it will address a petroleum stain only.

You need a product that will address a protein stain - something like OxyClean (http://www.greatcleaners.com/ogi_retail/ogi_shophome.asp) . The stuff is amazing and worth having around the house!

Good luck!

:cool:

Jesstzn
07-08-2004, 06:28 PM
For the carpet stains try the Water/Woolite solution and a course clean white terry towel ..

Spritz the stain till really damp then aggitate with the towel .. I have had good luck transfering dirt/coffee/ shoe scuffs/ fruit juice stains to the towel.

Matt M, PA
07-08-2004, 08:48 PM
The best thing I have found for fabric and carpet stains is Spray Nine mixed 50-50 with water. An old-time auto upholstery guy gave me the tip. And boy does it work.

Spray on...agitate gently with towel and towel dry. We got some ugly stains out of my Dad`s 1990 LS400 cloth seats (when`s the last time you saw a Lexus with cloth seats? Very rare, and he won`t part with it.). You have to understand that my Dad uses a car like an appliance and only when it smells bad or is really ugly do any appearance things get done. FWIW, the car now has 240,000 miles.

thinksnow
07-08-2004, 09:25 PM
Silverlexus, you`ve gotten some good advice already so I don`t mind asking for pics of this

1990 LS400 cloth seats

That`s a true rarity. Was it a special order?

SilverLexus
07-09-2004, 08:52 AM
Thanks everyone.

Holly, I did not think about OxyClean...I`ve had great luck with that in the laundry and on carpet in the house. I will try that. Sometimes the obvious things get buried mentally as I think about auto brands. :)

togwt
07-09-2004, 09:34 AM
~One man’s opinion / observations ~

Once the stain has been lifted you might want to consider a fabric protector (you never know when kids (big and small) will spill stuff like ice cream, coffee etc.303 High Tech Fabric Guard

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/ Jon

justadumbarchitect * so I question everything *

kpounds
07-09-2004, 12:02 PM
There`s also been lots of mentions here about Folex. Its available at Target in 32oz spray bottle for $5.99-6.99. Its very simple to use, a few sprays, agitate with fingers, then blot with a towel. Its worked great for me. Here`s their website with more info. http://www.folexcompany.com/

GrayHawk
07-09-2004, 12:41 PM
Rubbermaid (yes, Rubbermaid) makes a great carpet cleaner that meets all your requirements.

I get it at Wal-Mart.

SilverLexus
07-09-2004, 10:27 PM
The Folex cleaner looks good. I see it picks up ice cream stains specifically...