PDA

View Full Version : removing SG..do i use dawn?

imported_straight6
07-08-2004, 08:01 AM
here`s the scenario...i recently did my car with Klasse AIO followed by SG.. but i noticed under florecent light that i have fine swirls on my hood and light scratches... what should i use to get them off? do i need to wash with dawn before i start trying to remove the sractches and swirls? i just got my PC and pads.. as of now.. i have Meguiars NXT wax, step 1 and step 2 that i just bought...what product should i use? leave me some feedback.. thanks

btw..the car is silver..

Bill D
07-08-2004, 08:02 AM
I`d just try isopropyl alcohol. Here`s a link to a detailed procedure:

http://www.web-cars.com/detail/phorum/read.php?f=1&i=19936&t=19913

Gonzo
07-08-2004, 08:29 AM
You don`t need to removed anything as it sound to me like you will nedd to polish out the marring. The polishing process will remved all finished applied to the paint and some of the clean coart as well.

Check with your local Meguiars retailer and get some DACP (#83) and some SMR No 2 (#82). Or order the 1Z triplets (UP, PP and MP) OR the menzerna triplets (PG, IP and FP) online.

Assuming you buy the Megs, begin with the #82 to see if it alone can remove the scratches. If it doesn`t, step up the the DACP then follow up with the #82. (Search here for the proper methods of use and pad choices for each product). Inspect your polishing efforts under the neighborhood grocery store lights at night. If you get to 95% gone, you are doing great. Remember, not every scratch CAN be removed.

imported_memnuts
07-08-2004, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Gonzo

You don`t need to removed anything as it sound to me like you will nedd to polish out the marring. The polishing process will remved all finished applied to the paint and some of the clean coart as well.

Check with your local Meguiars retailer and get some DACP (#83) and some SMR No 2 (#82). Or order the 1Z triplets (UP, PP and MP) OR the menzerna triplets (PG, IP and FP) online.

Assuming you buy the Megs, begin with the #82 to see if it alone can remove the scratches. If it doesn`t, step up the the DACP then follow up with the #82. (Search here for the proper methods of use and pad choices for each product). Inspect your polishing efforts under the neighborhood grocery store lights at night. If you get to 95% gone, you are doing great. Remember, not every scratch CAN be removed.

What he said. :xyxthumbs

imported_straight6
07-08-2004, 09:49 AM
thanks for the feedback.. does autozone carry #82 and #82?

or am i better off odering from the Meguiars website?

Bill D
07-08-2004, 09:50 AM
Megs website. I always go with an alcohol wipe even if it does prove to be more work.