PDA

View Full Version : Choice of the pro`s

SVR
07-08-2004, 05:12 AM
After doing a massive search on modern car care and buyers guide of carwash.com, I am amazed at the amount of detail chemical manufacturers

So I`m curious, what do you pro`s really use. As many of you know, I don`t believe in using one brand and am constantly on the lookout for products that are top of the line and world class

Please add all the brands that you use. Surely not all the 300 brands that were at the big car wash expo recently, make leading edge products.

At present I am using 3M, Farecla, PPG, Du Pont, Dinitrol, Magnum Top Gear, Malco, Pacer, Klasse, P21 S, Aquatouch, wolfgang, poorboys, autosmart, omikron, Jal Chemicals, Stoners, Autosol, Menzerna,Blue Magic and Lanotec but still want to try out more

I`m interested in the latest technology exterior detailing gear, especially paint protection

What`s everyone`s opinions on Rightlook and Detail King products.

I really want to try out detail king`s non mineral spirits tire dressing but they do not ship to australia. Can someone help out possibly!

togwt
07-08-2004, 07:33 AM
~One man’s opinion / observations ~

Check the review section most of the brands under the Autopia banner are class 1 (and they include a rating system)

Other than the Internet to recommend car care products would require local (Australia) knowledge of availability

The professional usually buy a bulk product which the so called ‘consumer brand’ does not market (just a thought)

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/ Jon

justadumbarchitect * so I question everything *

Scottwax
07-08-2004, 04:00 PM
For paint, I use Clearkote, Poorboys, Meguiars, Wolfgang and have been testing 1Z, Stuf, 4 Star (Platinum) and Klasse. I normally use regular Armor All on interiors, fenderwells and tires and Meguiars #38 on trim. I`ve got Woolite/water and Magnum Upholstry Shampoo for interior cleaning.

Blk_Mach
07-08-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

For paint, I use Clearkote, Poorboys, Meguiars, Wolfgang and have been testing 1Z, Stuf, 4 Star (Platinum) and Klasse. I normally use regular Armor All on interiors, fenderwells and tires and Meguiars #38 on trim. I`ve got Woolite/water and Magnum Upholstry Shampoo for interior cleaning.

i thought armor all ,did bad stuff...like actually drying out and causing cracking...and dry rotting tires?....i`ve read this many places where it actually sucks the oils out and replaces them with bad crap?

NozeBleedSpeed
07-08-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by 04_BLK_MACH1

i thought armor all ,did bad stuff...like actually drying out and causing cracking...and dry rotting tires?....i`ve read this many places where it actually sucks the oils out and replaces them with bad crap?

Thats urban legend.

SVR
07-08-2004, 06:09 PM
It was the carrier agents in 20th century silicone products that caused the drying out and cracking of interiors etc. Today`s silicone products are fine

SVR
07-08-2004, 07:37 PM
Understood but I don`t care if it`s 200 Litre BAF industries, Malco, Ecolab or whatever brand. I buy mostly 5 and 20 Litre containers of certain brands products

Wish I could buy everything in bulk but simply not possible

Labster
07-08-2004, 08:39 PM
In your Sig. it says SA`s Chief Product Tester. What exactly does SA stand for?

dcswd
07-11-2004, 01:12 AM
I have been mostly using Poorboys Products and QEW for the exterior. Interior has been mostly Lexol (leather), Woolite, and a mix of vinyl products till I find what works best (Natural Look, 303, #40).

6cyl's_of_fury
07-11-2004, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Labster

In your Sig. it says SA`s Chief Product Tester. What exactly does SA stand for?

South Australia.

scottabir
07-11-2004, 01:24 AM
you can add HI-temp products if you dont mind chemically type smells.

imported_Intel486
07-11-2004, 01:37 AM
Right now I mainly use BAF/PRO, Stoner, and Poorboy Products.

Just got a sample kti from Automotive International and have a lot of products to try out.

I`ve used their pH balanced car soap and their Omni APC before and they`re awesome. The Omni APC is great for soaking down the vehicle to help gets bugs and stuff off. It`s also pretty concentrated at 10:1.

SVR
07-12-2004, 02:50 AM
You lucky bugger. I want BAF/PRO but it`s too expensive to ship to australia unless I become a distributor