PDA

View Full Version : Will AIO remove FMJ?

imported_YouGottaBeLeaf
07-07-2004, 09:02 PM
I recently used #80 speed glaze followed by Menzerna FMJ.

I now want to see what it would look like if I applied AIO between the two. ie. #80, AIO, FMJ. If I just applied AIO would it clean off the FMJ? If that is the case then I can save a few cleaning steps by just doing AIO then FMJ.

Deanski
07-07-2004, 09:12 PM
AIO will remove most anything under it.

Deanski

imported_YouGottaBeLeaf
07-07-2004, 09:25 PM
Ok. I wasn`t sure about polymer sealants.

Just curious, but where does the stuff that it removes go? Do the chemicals dissolve it into nothing?

Deanski
07-07-2004, 09:38 PM
Pretty much, AIO has very good cleaning ability.

Do a search on it and you`ll see...

Regards,

Deanski

imported_YouGottaBeLeaf
07-07-2004, 09:41 PM
Oh, don`t get me wrong. I wasn`t lazy. I did read a zillion posts on AIO. In fact, that`s why I got it. I just wasn`t sure about if it could clean off a pure sealant like FMJ and I was curious about exactly how it cleans like it does. :)

Thanks for the input :)

Deanski
07-07-2004, 09:47 PM
No biggy...

FMJ is a formula that is done JUST for CMA with a Menzerna license. It`s made by one chemist who has some new exciting products. Not sure if it`s Amino Resin or other, but just know that AIO can remove light defects, it WILL remove anything under it. I used it to remove some oils left by too much #81 I had on a pad. Took it right off no problem.

I hear the FMJ is pretty good.

Regards,

Deanski

Bill D
07-07-2004, 09:55 PM
ah ha! so thats why no FMJ on menzerna`s own site.

Deanski
07-07-2004, 10:12 PM
Bill D:

Yep, FMJ is Licensed by Menzerna to be used together with their current line as a kit. And only CMA sells it unless CMA has now other distributors/dealers handling it as well.

Nothing wrong with it, in fact I hear it`s pretty good. Just need to set the record straight on FMJ. Works very well.

Speaking of Menzerna, got my shipment of 4 quarts of FP and what is called FPII or Micro polish. They sent me some Power Gloss and another glaze as well. Once you get the hang of FP you just can`t beat it! They also make a polish just for Ceramiclear, the new hard clearcoat that PPG puts on the Maybac and others.

Regards,

Deanski

Bill D
07-07-2004, 10:18 PM
yeah, FP works great even by hand as a last polish step on my Audi clear :up

I think CMA as well as PremiumAutocare both sell the FMJ

imported_YouGottaBeLeaf
07-07-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Deanski

I hear the FMJ is pretty good.

I got it a few days ago. I`ve just started playing around with it. About all I can say right now is that it`s very shiny and very slippery :)

I`m hoping it`s durable enough with a few coats to last through one of these Canadian winters.

BillNorth
07-08-2004, 08:21 AM
Is FMJ layerable, or will subsequent layers remove the previous?

Bill.

tailwind
07-08-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by BillNorth

Bill.

I just tried this the other day. I`ve put on three coats over a week and honestly, I don`t notice much of a difference (if any at all.) I believe it`s claimed to be layerable, but I don`t think more than two is necessary (and only that much to ensure full coverage.)

Dalight
07-08-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Bill D

ah ha! so thats why no FMJ on menzerna`s own site.

So what is Menzerna`s site? I found their German one, but that doesn`t help me. :)

imported_YouGottaBeLeaf
07-08-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by BillNorth

Bill.

FMJ is a pure sealant. The instructions say it is layerable.

I believe Accumulator has used it quite a bit. You might want to ask him if the extra layers make a visible difference.