PDA

View Full Version : Problem w/pads slinging?

AutoNova
07-07-2004, 04:45 PM
Today I detailedthis car. I don`t know what occured but my pads on my rotary kept slinging caranuba everytime i turned it on? I prepped the LC white pad with #34 and spead the wax on the car before turning the rotary on 2-3. Still the wax was slinging everywhere?

Any ideas?

6']['9
07-07-2004, 04:54 PM
what kind of rotory do you have? i have a dewalt Anthony taught me if you place a quarter size of product onthe paint then put the pad on do a couple of pulses on the trigger to get it worked in the pad right then go to town no sling.. i asked him about the line but thats the way he reommended it to me so thats how i do it try it!

AutoNova
07-07-2004, 05:44 PM
I have a Makita 9227, I usually apply and then rub the rotary back and forth over the panel. I wonder if putting on #34 had anything to do with it?

6']['9
07-11-2004, 08:25 PM
more than likely, i dont use any 34 i may use the 49 body shine then a spin to wring out unnecessary 49 then a couple pulses and theres not much sling i cant clean up good luck sorry for long for the reply

Bill D
07-11-2004, 09:34 PM
I`m getting the hang of the technique the Meguiars video shows when using polishes. You put a 8" line of polish directly on the paint. Think of your pad as a clock and line the rotary up next to the line of polish and at the 10:00 position and move the rotary over the line of polish. Took me some practice but I`m getting less sling. I don`t see how some sling when using a rotary can totaly be avoided though.

AutoNova
07-12-2004, 05:26 AM
I am wondering if the Lake COuntry pads I have ae the cause of the problem, maybe I need to get the flat pads that Meg`s offers?

l33
07-12-2004, 07:58 AM
Wax with PC never with a rotarty. The rotarty is for removing paint imperfections.

The key with the rotarty is to give a good amount of pressure on the first couple of passes, a little more than you think, then lighten up.

6']['9
07-12-2004, 07:59 AM
i use the CMA orange, megs, edge & LC pads i like the megs for the rotory cause theres no hole in the middle to take in the product. but all the pads if used properly work very well it just takes time and getting used to good luck

Bill D
07-12-2004, 09:03 AM
I`m using my LC pads almost exclusively with my rotary, no problems