PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning MF towels etc.

MiazdaMike
07-07-2004, 04:13 PM
Hey folks, thanks in advance for the help. I know my employer will love the fact i spent the better part of the day cruising this newly found Gem!

New to detailing and I have a Question, I use cotton rags to apply wax and Buff out, But I am unable to clean out the cotton cloths, its bright Red from the paint removed using Mothers Cleaner/Wax (try not to laugh). Ive cleaned in sink with dish detergent, in washing machine w/Tide, no help. Do I need to worry about the residual color on the towel or does it get Pitched? I cant help but think that MF will discolor also. anything to worry about or do I buy stock in the MF Industry?

Mike

a.k.a. Patrick
07-07-2004, 04:17 PM
Ditch the cotton......

Take stock in Mf`s....

The red isnt going to come out unless you bleach them....Youll find the poly wont grab the color as cotton does.....so you wont have the same problem.....

MiazdaMike
07-07-2004, 04:22 PM
Patrick,

Thanks for the quick response. So as long as they have been washed, nothing to worry about? MF or Cotton? Believe me I was hesitant to mention the Cotton, Looks like everyone and their Mother uses MF towels.

Thanks, Mike

a.k.a. Patrick
07-07-2004, 04:32 PM
Mike, something that stained, i would hesitate using again......I havent had nearly as sever a problem with staing, using MF`s. Do a search, theres many reputable MF retailers here on board. Matter of fact, "Lynn" has a thread posting some.....http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40453

MiazdaMike
07-07-2004, 04:37 PM
On my way, Since I was a Virgin I thought id start out in the University.

Thanks,Mike

Bill D
07-07-2004, 04:37 PM
When you do switch over to MF, try to wash them free of polish and waxes as soon as possible to minimize the time the stain has to set in :xyxthumbs