PDA

View Full Version : buffing out a 1 month old paint job need advice

6']['9
07-07-2004, 01:10 PM
i have this regular which got his excursion painted about a month ago. He wants its nice for his daughters deput this saturday but last night he saw the truck under lights and it was swirl city like you wouldnt believe :scared my question is do you think i could be able to remove the swirls via pc/rotory with some thing bodyshop safe like light cut, med cut or 3m fine cut. i dont want to interfere with the curing process. i know after your car gets painted they buff it with 3m rubbing compound so i dont see what harm it will do. i want to remove the swirls for this event for him then fiinish it off with VM so i can rewash it the day after and the take the glaze off to continue with the curing process. any suggestions :nixweiss

jimmybuffit
07-08-2004, 01:24 PM
First, I think the paint is cured. 30 days should be enough time for any major paint suppliers` brand of refinish.

Second, the term "bodyshop safe" commonly refers to silicone-free products.

Silicone causes havoc in a paint booth, but is a non issue, now that the car is painted.

Swirls should come out with a fine polish/foam pad/PC.

Put a good sealant on it and leave oit alone...

Jim

6']['9
07-08-2004, 01:56 PM
thanks i thought id get a response sooner but oh well, I talked to Anthony and all i was wanting to do was go over it with Light cut and remove the swirls then vm it im gonna post pics when i get a chance to do it cause it looks horrible