PDA

View Full Version : AIO (Tip)

Alexaris
07-06-2004, 05:30 PM
I want to share this with you, many of you may know this already, but I wanted to share.

one of my partners on the business start doing some experiments with the AIO, and came out with a great result, it is pretty simple :bow

you can apply the AIO as you always do with white pad, and then to take out the AIO use the microfiber bonetts on a grey pad with the PC at 4 speed, the results on the car are amazing, what I use to do was to take out the AIO with a microfiber and the shine is great, but with the microfiber bonnet is amazing, especially on black cars.

He did this on a Black BMW and the results were great, no pics sorry.

What I did this past weeken was to take out one grand blitz of my car with a microfiber bonnet with the PC on 4 and the shine is just amazing and it is very easy to take out the wax

:D

Hope this helps someone

:wavey

imported_memnuts
07-06-2004, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the tip. :xyxthumbs

Now something else I must purchase. A set of MF bonnets. ;)

Jesstzn
07-06-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

Thanks for the tip. :xyxthumbs

Now something else I must purchase. A set of MF bonnets. ;)

Save the bonnet cost and use the stock white screw in pad that came with the PC and set it on a MF towel .. the pad will grab the towel and do the buffing.. works great .. and the towels are easier to wash up and no extra purchases.

JasonD
07-06-2004, 06:12 PM
Great tip for the AIO, but isn`t that a little overkill? I`m sure you topped it with something, right? What I`m saying is, it really doesn`t matter how good it looks after AIO since you are going to top it with something anyway. To me, the final results after the topper would be my biggest concern. Great tip though. AIO does wonders, that`s for sure.

Alexaris
07-06-2004, 06:17 PM
Believe me that the results are going to improve, cause the more reflective you get the surface the better is going to look with the topper, we try this with AIO and then UPP on top, both with the microfiber bonnets and the result was great, the topper is to capture the shine on the surface, I have found that the better you work with the AIO the better the final result

Accumulator
07-06-2004, 07:01 PM
I too like MF bonnets, and I find they work better *for me* than using a regular MF towel with the PC. I probably remove more products with the bonnets than I do by hand.

Just make sure you`re using MF bonnets that are soft enough for *your* paint.

I sorta prefer using a cutting pad under my bonnets; it seems to grip them better. And in some applications (like the Cyclo) the cutting pads are thicker. But I can see an argument for using the softer finishing pads too....

imported_memnuts
07-07-2004, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by Jesstzn

Save the bonnet cost and use the stock white screw in pad that came with the PC and set it on a MF towel .. the pad will grab the towel and do the buffing.. works great .. and the towels are easier to wash up and no extra purchases.

Jesstzn,

Thanks! :bow

Now let me dust off that unused pad and I got plenty of MF towels. :xyxthumbs

ANB
07-19-2004, 03:15 PM
I used AIO/SG for the first time this weekend and the AIO was a PAIN in the butt! I used the pc and it was so hard to buff off. I ended up doing it by hand after a couple of panels because it was easier to buff off that way. I thought it would be easier than that!

I found the SG easier to use. It was pretty easy to put on thin by hand and I use the Sonus spritz to take it off. It made my black car look great! I didn`t see any streaks from using the Sonus, which smelled wonderful by the way!

vapore0n
07-19-2004, 03:45 PM
^^ you may need to keep working on it with the PC till its gone. If you use too much, some of that excess will kinda stick to the paint. To remove it, just rebuff over it with the PC ( a lil QD on it will work too)

HotRodGuy
07-19-2004, 06:20 PM
Any of you using the MF bonnet over a wool pad? Or are you all using it over a foam pad?

ANB
07-19-2004, 06:24 PM
Is it ok to keep working it with the pc after it dusts? I was afraid to keep going after that.

Accumulator
07-20-2004, 10:56 AM
ANB- I never work my AIO that long. Since it doesn`t really "break down", there`s no point (IMO) in working it longer than it takes to clean the surface. Try using less product and using a lower speed on the PC.

HotRodGuy- Whenever I used MF bonnets over wool, the wool pads didn`t provide all that much cushioning and they compacted rather quickly, after which they provided even *less* cushioning. I now use all my MF bonnets over foam. Even if the bonnets are made for use over wool, there`s usually *some* brand/size/type of foam pad that they can be used over.

groebuck
07-20-2004, 12:51 PM
AIO is a wipe on/wipe off product - you should never work more than a 2`x2` section and never let it dry or work till powder - PC application is great and you get awesome results but don`t treat it like a traditional polish - it`s a chemical cleaner that lays down an acrylic protection.

5918mike
07-22-2004, 01:17 PM
If i`ve done 1Z-PP, AIO, SG but wanted to go back to the 1Z-PP would I have to remove the layers of SG or would the 1Z take care of that, would if gum up my 1Z pad or anything.

cheapshot
10-04-2004, 08:36 AM
i was planng on using a meguires polishing pad. as far as bonnets go i`ll have to order them to. any recommendations? meguire`s ultimate bonnet, is what i had in mind.