PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna FPII/FTG/FMJ Pics on Sunset Orange Trans Am - (56K Users BEWARE!!!)

Pages : [1] 2

Dohhunter
07-05-2004, 11:28 AM
I`ve been using Zaino on my Sunset Orange Metallic 2002 Trans Am WS6 since new (recieved delivery June 2002). First Z1/Z5/Z6 and occasionally Z2, until ZFX came out and I dropped the Z1 from the line.

This site opened up a lot of other options to me, and after lurking for a while, I decided to try a switch to another product for my baby (NOT a daily driver, it`ll see the low side of 1000 miles a year, driven for 6 months and then stored for the Canadian winter).

I decided upon Menzerna. I bought the line to use on a `94 Corvette ZR1 I had shipped up from Texas, and having used IP/FPII/FTG/FMJ on it, I was so impressed I thought i`d try it on the TA.

I definitely did not need IP on the entire body of the trans am, I had almost zero spider webbing and zero swirls as it was, and just a couple of spot repairs I used IP on a 4" pad on.

FPII/FTG/FMJ is what I went with. FPII was applied with a Lake Country White Polishing pad, FTG went on with a grey finishing pad and FMJ went on by hand with a microfiber applicator.

FPII was removed using 50/50 iso alcohol/water and pakshaks general purpose blue microfiber. FTG was removed using a dry, pakshak yellow plush microfiber. FMJ was removed using another yellow plush microfiber.

I`m using Zaino Z6 on it as a quick detailer and its working great, using DF Towel for the QD wipe off.

Now for the pics, I warned you 56K users :)

Regards, Mike

:bounce

http://community.webshots.com/album/159651573aLVVKp

NavindraLR
07-05-2004, 11:36 AM
came out really good.. i like the deep dish rim set up in the rear...

tailwind
07-05-2004, 01:06 PM
Looks awesome. That`s an excellent color, one of the best available for the F-bodies.

I`ve had really good results with that combo on my black Formula (I`ve used both AIO and FTG under the FMJ, both work well.)

imported_Teck
07-05-2004, 01:29 PM
:( I just see x`s

tailwind
07-05-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Teck

:( I just see x`s

Right click on them, go to properties, copy the address, and paste it into a new browser window.

ZaneO
07-05-2004, 01:55 PM
Car looks very nice. I appears to leave a deeper finish than Zaino. How do you like it compared to Zaino?

MattZ28
07-05-2004, 03:06 PM
I see nothing :nixweiss

04BlackAV
07-05-2004, 03:09 PM
I see 8 ?

MattZ28
07-05-2004, 03:30 PM
Nevermind...had to use internet explorer, and then copy and paste each address into a new window. That looks INCREDIBLE. Sweet car! What kind of wheels are those?

Dohhunter
07-06-2004, 11:47 AM
Sorry guys, the IMG tags weren`t working, i just posted the links instead.

The FMJ goes on and off easier than Zaino, amazing as it might seem because Z is pretty easy to work with. And I don`t have to worry about cleaning the ZFX bottle. The FMJ dries in about 5 minutes as well.

Still using my Zaino on my daily driver Mazda3 however.

I also think the finish is a little deeper than Zaino, it took away a little of the "plastic" look I was beginning to notice.

Wheels are IForged :)

Thanks for the compliments guys.

c.cmbrodbeck@su
07-06-2004, 12:17 PM
that color is teh hottness! :xyxthumbs

nice job!

-Chad.

hawkfish
07-06-2004, 10:23 PM
Excellent!!!:xyxthumbs

imported_YouGottaBeLeaf
07-07-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Dohhunter

FPII was removed using 50/50 iso alcohol/water and pakshaks general purpose blue microfiber.

What`s the purpose of using the 50/50 after the FP II? Isn`t the FTG designed to go over FP II without performing the isopropyl alcohol/water step?

Dohhunter
07-07-2004, 09:17 AM
No, the FPII must be removed prior to the FTG step.

I found the FPII didn`t dry up too much and I kept working it, so eventually I went as far as I felt was adequate, and used the 50/50 rub with a microfiber. Came right off, you could also use a dry microfiber, but it might take a little longer.

NXT4now
07-07-2004, 11:52 AM
Beautiful! First time seeing that color on the Bird. A little tire dressing and you are all set!