PDA

View Full Version : Have you tried MacBRITE?

imported_Bence
07-05-2004, 08:13 AM
Hi all,

Have you any experience with MacBrite products? Especially who is in Europe! Search: no results for MacBRITE. :nixweiss

Yesterday I`ve found 3 bottles of some kinda sealant. Some 10 years ago, my father bought the products from McTexcon. I was curious and did a Google, but nothing. Then after some surfing on some German sites, I found the products. However, this time branded as MacBrite. Same bottle(s), same text on them. "The original English Car Polish...", 10 component protector & cleaner, etc., use in the sun or shade, 60 years old formula", etc.

The bottles are nearly original, and the stuff is in good shape. Whitish fluid, creamy with a lightly solventy smell. Seems to have very mild abrasives, with gentle cleaning ability. I decided to give them a try. Very easy to work with, spreads good, buffs off like dust. It has a bright, Z-like shine. I don`t know the durability and IMO the 3 products are basically the same. It was expensive stuff, $40 in 1992.

Opinions? Since then they make other stuff, but I don`t know what to think of. If you wanna visit: www.macbrite.de or the english site www.macbrite.com. The claim, being an English stuff seems to be a marketing trick. It was sooo German in 1992 like Autobahns. :D

Who can be the manufacturer?