PDA

View Full Version : what do i use these pads for?

imported_aharami
07-04-2004, 04:15 PM
my first order from autopia. i got ...

PC kit

soft touch auto dryer (squeegee)

OXO tire and wheel brush

1Z wheel cleaner

1Z tire foam

Klasse AIO

Klasse SG

303 Aerospace protectant

Sonus Acrylic spiritz

1Z rubber protection stick

but two soft pads were included that i didnt order...maybe a bonus for such a big order (~$260). here are the pics. what i need to know is, what do i use them for?

http://www.raktim.com/IMG_0001.jpg

http://www.raktim.com/IMG_0002.jpg

what i didnt order was a wash mit cuz VW gave me a wash mit when i got the car. but its not a 100% wool wash mit. it says its made out of 100% knitted polyester. would this be safe to wash my car with?

here is a pic of that

http://www.raktim.com/IMG_0003.jpg

thanks

dcswd
07-04-2004, 04:46 PM
You get one of those applicators for each polish/wax type item you buy. I bought 1z UPP, PP, MP, and GW... and got 4 of them! :)

If you would like, apply your klasse twins with them. I prefer foam pads though. I heard that this type of pad is good for cleaning/conditioning leather... so thats what i`m going to try them out on.

Sorry, I cant help with the wash mitt :(

imported_aharami
07-04-2004, 05:17 PM
ok cool. well im gonna use my PC for all polishing/cleaning/waxing jobs. so i guess these pads will be used to clean my leather and vinyl! thanks

blazer95
07-05-2004, 10:17 AM
Just to be safe I wouldn`t use the mitt. Buy a sheepskin or 100% cotton.

blazer95

txz28
07-06-2004, 04:32 PM
Use the mitt on the wheel wells.

andriver
07-06-2004, 04:48 PM
Use the mitt for the lower car panels.

Inzane
07-06-2004, 05:49 PM
I wouldn`t use that wash mitt, except for maybe wheelwells, undercarriage, or tire sidewalls if you`re careful.

I used to use one like that on my paint, BEFORE I discovered Autopia, and it swirled the hell out of my paint... probably for a couple reasons:

- those fibres are polyester, which in anything but a proper microfibre weave, will most likely scratch or mar.

- mitts of that "style" can`t release dirt, it becomes trapped so eventually the mit is so loaded that even if the fibres don`t scratch, the crap trapped in the mitt will.

- First time you hit it with serious bugs or tar its toast because its almost impossible to get clean again.

Stick with Sheepskin or Chenille if possible, as others have suggested.

Bobby G
07-06-2004, 06:36 PM
Regarding the applicators, we provide free applicators with all polishes. It`s a product we all use and never seem to have enough of. If you polish by machine or use a different applicator, of standard terry cloth applicator can be use to apply protectants and dressings.

db

3Dog
07-06-2004, 09:09 PM
Hey David, I bought 100 bottles of polish...wheres my applicators........

just kidding.......always a pleasure doing business with you.

imported_YouGottaBeLeaf
07-06-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by DavidB

Regarding the applicators, we provide free applicators with all polishes. It`s a product we all use and never seem to have enough of. If you polish by machine or use a different applicator, of standard terry cloth applicator can be use to apply protectants and dressings.

db

So if we specified that we had a PC would you send us polishing pads for the PC? lol...just kidding :)

Jesstzn
07-06-2004, 09:49 PM
The VW mitt.. they sent me the same one .. Take Inzanes advice wheels or less... I think VWs mind set is if thier lot boy didn`t get enough swirls in with the wash brush .. you can top it up at home.

The 2 pads ..if you don`t want to use them for product application .. maybe the g/f needs augmentation?

imported_aharami
07-07-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Jesstzn

The VW mitt.. they sent me the same one .. Take Inzanes advice wheels or less... I think VWs mind set is if thier lot boy didn`t get enough swirls in with the wash brush .. you can top it up at home.

The 2 pads ..if you don`t want to use them for product application .. maybe the g/f needs augmentation?

:nono :angry

:p :D

imported_aharami
07-07-2004, 10:00 PM
ok so i started washing my car last week....but after i finished washing and drying, it started raining!!!! wtf!!

so this weekend im gonna try and do the entire process. does this process sound right...wash, dry, clay, polish, Klasse AIO, Klasse SG?

i need to find a polish thats similar to 3M Finesse it II...but cant find that anywhere around here. I did find 3M Perfect it II, but i think thats a lilttle too abrasive...no?

will AIO remove swirl marks? i got some swirl marks on my paint