PDA

View Full Version : which first, NXT or Klasse SG???

escape
07-04-2004, 03:31 PM
Hello All,

I am new to posting here, but I have been reading the forums for about a month. Good stuff! I do, however, have a couple questions I hope you all can answer. I am planning on detailing my True Blue Escape this week and would like to know if the following is good practice. I plan on claying, then Klasse All-In-One, Klasse Sealant Glaze, topped with NXT. Or should I top with the SG after a layer of NXT? I also have a quite of few swirl marks from the dealer prepping the car with a scrub brush. I only have a Craftsman random orbital polisher, nothing fancy like a PG or anything. Is there anyway to remove these swirls using this buffer? Lastly, my vehicle was invloved in a slight accident that involved the hood getting repainted. I noticed a water spot in the paint, but cannot remove it. I have tried vinegar, but to no avail, any suggestions? Thanks for any help you can offer

NavindraLR
07-04-2004, 03:54 PM
from what i have been reading about nxt wax, it has somewhat of a cleaning characteristic, so that makes me think that it would probably remove some of the sealant glaze, but im not sure. either way i would just use a pure carnauba wax instead

imported_CBX Carl
07-04-2004, 04:21 PM
I would not top the SG with NXT. I like S100 wax as a topper.

BRUN
07-04-2004, 04:23 PM
if you want to use NXT, use it under the SG

Magellan498
07-04-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by BRUN

if you want to use NXT, use it under the SG

The SG will not bond properly on top of NXT because of the oils NXT contains. You`ll either have to go AIO/SG or just NXT alone. Of course, you could get a pure carnuaba topper (S100 or the like) and then top your SG to your hearts content.

Jejunum
07-04-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Magellan498

The SG will not bond properly on top of NXT because of the oils NXT contains. You`ll either have to go AIO/SG or just NXT alone. Of course, you could get a pure carnuaba topper (S100 or the like) and then top your SG to your hearts content.

how do you know this? not disbelieving but did you make this conclusion by looking at the msds or something?

edit: 1st post after lurking for more than a yr!

armoredsaint
07-04-2004, 06:00 PM
Hey Escape are you in Columbus, OH? I`m in New Albany and using Klasse AIO and SG you won`t be disappointed and the shine it creates is awesome. Ever though about topping it with P21S aka S100 instead?

escape
07-04-2004, 08:13 PM
I`m actually just north of Westerville in Genoa Township. I have used AIO/SG and liked the results. I also like the shine NXT gives the dark blue on my Escape. I never had tried them together and didn`t know if they would even work properly together. I know you can buy S100 at the Harley-Davidson shop downtown so I may end up trying that to see how I like it. Right now I just want to get a good sealant on it before I head to the Outter Banks next week.

Matt M, PA
07-04-2004, 08:39 PM
Jejunum...a Meguiars` Rep posted on this site that NXT is as much as 10% silicone.

Jejunum
07-04-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Matt M, PA

Jejunum...a Meguiars` Rep posted on this site that NXT is as much as 10% silicone.

ahh awsome thanks!

escape
07-04-2004, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the replys all... I always learn a lot here.:xyxthumbs

But, does anyone know how to rid the paint of the nasty water spot and is the Craftsman orbital buffer (10") okay to use or best to go by hand?

jfelbab
07-04-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Matt M, PA

Actually, I believe it`s polysiloxane. If you Google it you will see what a breakthrough product this is. It is used in a lot of high tech coatings these days.

Polysiloxane-based systems.

This chemistry offers the opportunity for quantum improvements in such performance areas as toxicity and flammability reduction, heat resistance, chemical, ultraviolet resistance, durability and longer term protection from corrosion and degradation. The use of this chemistry is consistent with the need for developing high-performance protective coating systems that extend service life and offer reduced environmental, health, and safety hazards.