PDA

View Full Version : PC Question...

ExplorerXLT95
07-03-2004, 10:15 PM
I am planning on ordering a PC 7424 from CMA, specifically their Ultimate Detailing Machine (http://store.yahoo.com/classic-motoring/porcabuldetm.html). The site says that it includes the following things in the package:

6" Velcro Backing Plate

White Polishing/Waxing Pad

Now, I was planning on ordering the optional Detailing Accessory Package because it includes the following:

6" Lambswool Compounding Pad

Yellow Cutting Pad

2 White Polishing Pads

Gray Finishing Pad

2 6" Terry bonnets

Is this all that I would need to get everthing done with the PC?

Thanks in advance for the help ladies and gents.

imported_YouGottaBeLeaf
07-03-2004, 10:21 PM
The number and types of pads depends on which products you plan to use and what aggresiveness level you want with those pads.

Also, you might want to get a water bottle that you can mist water onto the pads with.

HotRodGuy
07-03-2004, 11:33 PM
I just ordered the same kit, order it from their RV site, free shipping :)

shaf
07-04-2004, 06:40 AM
Personally I`d get at least 1 more of each primary type of pad (cutting, polishing, finishing) if I could afford it. You never know if you will need to use more than one of a type of pad for some reason or another....

s2skimon
07-05-2004, 01:11 PM
I started out with that kit but found it so-so..

I have designated Orange Pads for SSR2.5, SSR1 and SSR3

white pad for AIO

grey/black for SG`s

forthcoming will me MF bonnets to remove polishes..

hope that helps

Mr Monk
07-05-2004, 02:18 PM
I bought the same set up and have been using mine for 8 months and just recently switched to a 5" flexible backing plate (approx $16 from CMA). This was David Bynon`s suggestion in his tutorial on the PC. I tried it and must say that, IMO, the PC is better balanced.

Just something to consider.