PDA

View Full Version : Half today, half tomorrow?

Ch!lledBudwei2e
07-03-2004, 09:47 AM
What the general thought on washing, claying, dacp the car today, leaving it out overnight ( garage too small to fit ). Then washing in again in the morning and then clearkote vm and cm tomorrow?

Should it all be done in one go if the cars out of any cover?

Lowejackson
07-03-2004, 10:07 AM
I have taken this approach many times as I dont have a garage or much spare time.

s2skimon
07-03-2004, 11:39 AM
sounds fine to me

imported_eggroll
07-03-2004, 11:42 AM
I`ve done the same except I just wash and clay the previous night.

Accumulator
07-03-2004, 01:50 PM
Ch!lledBudwei2e- It`ll work fine, just watch that you don`t somehow mar the finish when you do the next-morning wash. Don`t want to undo all that DACP work!

Ch!lledBudwei2e
07-03-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Accumulator

Ch!lledBudwei2e- It`ll work fine, just watch that you don`t somehow mar the finish when you do the next-morning wash. Don`t want to undo all that DACP work!

What kind of action/process would result in me doing so?

Two months seems have taken the car back into a swirl hell sadly, and dont have enought time in a day to give the car the work she deserves.

shaf
07-04-2004, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Ch!lledBudwei2e

What kind of action/process would result in me doing so?

Two months seems have taken the car back into a swirl hell sadly, and dont have enought time in a day to give the car the work she deserves. How are you washing your vehicle and with what materials?

Unless you have only managed to cover up and not actually remove any swirling during your previous detail, 2 months sounds a bit short for it to go to "swirl hell" so soon....

chris0626
07-04-2004, 02:43 PM
There`s a good discussion here (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38236) of the two-bucket wash method (with refinements) that many of us use. It also points out some other recommendations, like rinsing first, washing from top-to-bottom, etc. Also, don`t wash in circles; move the mitt in the direction that wind moves along the car. Also, go to the "Learn" icon and read David`s article on washing technique.

Have you already tried all that? If so, it may be as 4DSC suggested.