PDA

View Full Version : Finally pulled the trigger on a PC!

HotRodGuy
07-02-2004, 12:24 PM
After a month of reading as much as I can ( I had the big tutorial put in a 3 ring binder and have spent the last month sitting on the can reading it over and over again :rofl: ;) ) I pulled the trigger. Now is there anything I`m missing that you can see other then the polish/wax.

ordered my PC from properautocare.com

1 Porter Cable Ultimate Detailing Machine 149.95

1 Porter Cable Ultimate Detailing Machine: Detailing Accessory Package 49.95

1 Porter Cable Ultimate Detailing Machine: Grey Finishing Pad 9.95

Subtotal: 209.85

Free shipping is what helped me seal the deal, it may be a few $ more then everyone else but the cable comes w/ a velcro backing plate, and the proper counterweight to use w/ their pads. And I figured i`d give them some more business since I got a good deal on the BBII drying towel

The accessory package includes:

One 6 inch Lambswool Compounding Pad for leveling very rough surfaces (the Lambswool pad is also used as a cushion under the

terry bonnets)

One Yellow Cutting Pad for leveling and restoring older, oxidized finishes

Two white polishing pads to maximize gloss.

One gray finishing pad for producing an ultra high gloss with your favorite liquid wax or protectant.

Two 6 inch terry bonnets for buffing

I also ordered an extra gray finishing pad for when I use a different product and just to have a spare around.

Haven`t gotten around to products yet, as I`m gonna be spending thursday night w/ Mike Phillips over at Meguiars learning how to properly use the machine (I`m a stoner, I need hands on experience) and working w/ different products before I decide. I`m trying to get a sponsorship out of meguiars so I`ll most likely be loyal to their products.

But what i`m thinking about so far is their #83 DACP followed w/ some NXT and then coated w/ #16

SK2003TypeS
07-02-2004, 01:55 PM
Congrats on your new toy ! Sounds like you did your homework.

I had the big tutorial put in a 3 ring binder and have spent the last month sitting on the can reading it over and over again

3 ring binder....yes me too....2nd part....uhhh, too much info....lol

KrazyKarim
07-03-2004, 04:40 AM
Awesome. I hop to be pulling the trigger on one soon. Seems like a great investment. :)

Karim