PDA

View Full Version : Trim Friendly SMR?

ANB
07-02-2004, 08:04 AM
So far I know that #80 and Menzerna stain trim from reading around here. I have so much black trim that it would be a pain in the butt to try to tape it all off. Thats one of the reason`s I`m about to purchase Klasse AIO & SG is because it doesn`t stain trim and I can get it all over it and it won`t matter. I really wanted the Menzerna FP, but someone told me it stains! :angry What about #82? What about some others?

Thanks!! :p

Dalight
07-02-2004, 08:14 AM
From my experience:

Blackfire 2 does stain

Wolfgang does not stain

meGrimlock
07-02-2004, 08:23 AM
Your best bet may be taping off the trim with blue painter`s tape. That is a pretty common practice around here. Whatever product you do get on your trim should come off with a little QD.

ANB
07-02-2004, 08:41 AM
Now I just read that Menzerna does NOT stain trim..hmmm. :nixweiss Can someone help? lol!

Also, the blue tape..I have some thats skinny (an inch wide or so)and doesn`t stick REAL good. It also has a textured feeling and you can kinda see it. Also, its easy to tear off, unlike some tape. Is that blue painters tape?

imported_eggroll
07-02-2004, 08:44 AM
I can`t remember if menzerna stains, it`s been so long... but if you get some on the trim wipe it off right away. I have been using the 1z, and Poorboy`s line lately and they don`t stain. I even go over them purposely with PB to remove some of the oxidation.

04BlackAV
07-02-2004, 09:03 AM
I`ve havn`t noticed any stained trim using #80.I always wipe it right off if I get it on the trim and see no stains after.

jefmcc
07-02-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by ANB

Now I just read that Menzerna does NOT stain trim..hmmm. :nixweiss Can someone help? lol!

Also, the blue tape..I have some thats skinny (an inch wide or so)and doesn`t stick REAL good. It also has a textured feeling and you can kinda see it. Also, its easy to tear off, unlike some tape. Is that blue painters tape?

That sounds like painters tape to me.

Dalight
07-02-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by ANB

Now I just read that Menzerna does NOT stain trim..hmmm.

Yeah, that`s what CMS` website says.

ANB
07-02-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by BDawg

Yeah, that`s what CMS` website says.

Can you direct me where on the website? I didn`t see it in Menzerna`s FP description. I believe you, I`d just like to read it myself!

Thanks! :)

Dalight
07-02-2004, 10:20 AM
It was the FMJ...my bad.