PDA

View Full Version : Computer software

AutoNova
07-01-2004, 10:49 PM
I don`t know exactly where to place this thread??

But my question was does anyone use any computer software to track their customers and for scheduling? Just curious as to what might be out there? I have MS windows and do 90% of my books on Excel.

I was looking for a program that would keep all the customers info, allow scheduling and help with follow up. As of now the old hand and pen and daytimer have been the tools of choice.

imported_Intel486
07-01-2004, 11:56 PM
There is a program but I can`t remember the name. It is specifically meant for tracking customers. Will let you put in all their information, record the last services they had, record the last time you call them, heck, I think it even has the function to dial their phone number for you... I really wish I knew the name but if I think of it I`ll come back. I do recall seeing it at SAM`s some time ago for around $100.

I personally use a really advance program that involves Index Cards, a schedule book, an address book, and my memory... lol...

imported_perry
07-02-2004, 12:08 AM
When I was taking a professional sales class last fall semester, my professor raved about ACT as the end-all, be-all of contact management software. The way he talked about it, the program is the best thing since sliced bread. We had to do a mock sales call as a final project -- we had to sell ACT. Heh. I never did get a chance to go to the computer lab to mess around with it.

www.act.com - looks like they have a 30 day demo to try out.

tpgsr
07-02-2004, 07:46 AM
I use QuickBooks Pro, and Outlook in conjunction to track everything

togwt
07-02-2004, 08:20 AM
~One man’s opinion / observations ~

We use MS Project Scheduling and ACT for listing client contact information. ACT would be a great help, as for MS Project it may or may not have too many fields for detailing

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/ Jon

justadumbarchitect * so I question everything *

maecrispy
07-02-2004, 09:28 AM
I second QuickBooks Pro as well. It`s available for both Macs and PC`s. It tracks clients, does all the accounting, and generates invoices. Excellent software with a fairly modest learning curve.

imported_Intel486
07-02-2004, 06:17 PM
ACT was the program I was thinking about.

lisricka
07-02-2004, 07:51 PM
You could also accomplish all of this with a database. MS Access would be good to do this. Once you have all of the data in, you could query based on any of the fields, such as name, last service, last phone call, etc.

AutoNova
07-02-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by lisricka

You could also accomplish all of this with a database. MS Access would be good to do this. Once you have all of the data in, you could query based on any of the fields, such as name, last service, last phone call, etc.

What can you tell me about the database? I do have it on my computer. I was tinkering with a contacts database but could not import my contacts? Do you know how to get started?

jaybs02
07-03-2004, 06:58 AM
I have set up databases for businesses in MS Access, and it serves their purpose.

Quickbooks works well too.

Jesstzn
07-05-2004, 11:13 PM
MS Acess will do it .. I used it a bit before .. but been a while I have the Office 97 version here if needed.